Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have 3 4K monitors! Now what?

5k bandwidth is way more above what 4k is.

But these GPUs should be able to handle it, I'm more worried about macOS's ability to handle 3x 5k monitors in a stable manner.

Apple's still making changes in Mojave....I have issues with the graphics portion of Mojave in 14.1...I am hoping .2 fixes some of those.

Last edited:
Hello @kgp

Q: in guide section D.2) iMac Pro macOS Mojave 10.14 Installer Package Creation, is the key and URLs reflective of 10.14.1 ? Should the directory now be 041-18034 and package keys 52oncejd7b11demet5fnvgtgofcp9kpxt0 ?

Thank you

@Rulebreaker01 do you think if I get this card, which has a shield, it will work better than OSXWifi which is without a shield?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94360CD...-Dual-Band-WiFi-Blueooth-Adapter/223065260454

I got that Fenvi card, works fine but is not compatible with @kgp SSDT for OSXWiFi cause it’s not showing in PCIe devices . Can anybody edit a SSDT for it?

So, my 100% load GPU problem could be due to Mojave bugs with graphics? Maybe I should simplify wait for the next build. I asked cause a lot of you here got Vega cards, should be a widespread issue.

@Rulebreaker01 do you think if I get this card, which has a shield, it will work better than OSXWifi which is without a shield?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94360CD...-Dual-Band-WiFi-Blueooth-Adapter/223065260454
almost definitely.

however, I found that the main issue wasn't the card by itself (as most of the BCM cards the chipset is shielded) but the antenna cables going from the cards to the antenna.

Have you tried to simply wrap those in aluminium foil?
or use shield sleeves like this? https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/cable-sleeves/2445152/
The OSXWifi card I got, the cables weren't shielded at all, and the sleeve was a fabric based one.

Another thing you could try is to twist the antenna cables together if length permit or use a toroid at the end of the cables with a few turns of cable around.

I got that Fenvi card, works fine but is not compatible with @kgp SSDT for OSXWiFi cause it’s not showing in PCIe devices . Can anybody edit a SSDT for it?

There's no need for SSDT to get a wifi/BT card working, all that does is allow for a pretty entry in the system information.
@kgp SSDT OSXWifi is based on a specific device-id, that must be adapted for your card.
In @kgp ARPT ssdt, his is 0x43a0, mine is 0x43ba

So look in the IORegistry, search for the wifi card and look for the device-id entry. That's what you need to use in the custom SSDT

Sorry for jumping late in this conversation but I'm pretty sure that your black screen is not related to your GPU. I'm running Mojave 10.14.1 with RX580 with 3 monitors connected ( DP, HDMI, DVI ) _ and I have not encountered any issue whatsoever. ( except wake after full sleep ) My board is very similar to yours. Bios is also similar. Please put your EFI & saved IOReg on line so others can look at it and help you. Otherwise, this conversation is just a bit sterile..
Also ..what Clover version are you using?
Which brand RX580 are you using?

I actually have 3 4K monitors! Now what?

Are you using SwitchResX? This could explain your actual display settings. This has absolutely nothing to do with the SSDT! It is a question fo your macOS display configuration! WhateverGreen might be necessary to avoid black screen on wake and to properly implement your GPU ports.

Hello @kgp

Q: in guide section D.2) iMac Pro macOS Mojave 10.14 Installer Package Creation, is the key and URLs reflective of 10.14.1 ? Should the directory now be 041-18034 and package keys 52oncejd7b11demet5fnvgtgofcp9kpxt0 ?

Thank you

Here you go..

Attachments

• createInstaller-10.14.1.sh.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Are you using SwitchResX? This could explain your actual display settings. This has absolutely nothing to do with the SSDT! It is a question fo your macOS display configuration! WhateverGreen might be necessary to avoid black screen on wake and to properly implement your GPU ports.

My 3 x 4K monitors work fine, the problem is 100% GPU load sometimes with latest Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back