Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am trying to install the Mojave using my MacBook Pro. I keep getting this error "The upgrade failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)".

I had this error in High Sierra as well. Can you please let me know if this would be a problem.

aaaand... we're all waiting for 14.1 USB patch from you rockstar @kgp! :headbang:

Edit: It seems something is not working as usual with USB port limit patch in 10.14.1, I hope you'll post some clarifications here mate! Thanks.

Edit 2: On my Prime X299-A I got the USBX SSDT + USBInjectAll implementation: All Usb 2.0 3.0 3.1 back ports work fine, internal usb 2.0 is ok too ut front panel usb 3.1 not works... hope this will give you some basic data. I'm here if I can help, just ask!

Could you upload a copy of your USBX SSDT + USBInjectAll kext please ?

Hello. I really enjoyed your guide about x299. It was a really nice guide. Thank you very much. But the thing is that I'm Korean and my English isn't good. So even if your guide was perfect, there are some parts that I couldn't understand. my computer system is similar to yours. Could you share EFI that you are using now with me, not the one you already distributed? I mean it it is possible, I think I will be able to understand perfectly. Please share it with me.

Hello. I really enjoyed your guide about x299. It was a really nice guide. Thank you very much. But the thing is that I'm Korean and my English isn't good. So even if your guide was perfect, there are some parts that I couldn't understand. my computer system is similar to yours. Could you share EFI that you are using now with me, not the one you already distributed? I mean it it is possible, I think I will be able to understand perfectly. Please share it with me.

To simply share my EFI-Folder would not help you at all, given the fact that we only share the same motherboard.

Believe me, I know what I am talking about.

However, you are invited to provide all necessary information outlined at the beginning of Section C.) and I promise to help as much as possible.

BTW.. opting for the RX580 was not the best decision.

Good luck, anyway

KGP

To simply share my EFI-Folder would not help you at all, given the fact that we only share the same motherboard.

Believe me, I know what I am talking about.

However, you are invited to provide all necessary information outlined at the beginning of Section C.) and I promise to help as much as possible.

BTW.. opting for the RX580 was not the best decision.

Good luck, anyway

KGP

Im really sad @kgp mate.. I really thought official support would mean smooth like the GTX 770.. seems like even with AMD support there is a lot to do to set them up well..

Anyhow.. will keep fingers crossed for something good to happen.

Im really sad @kgp mate.. I really thought official support would mean smooth like the GTX 770.. seems like even with AMD support there is a lot to do to set them up well..

Anyhow.. will keep fingers crossed for something good to happen.

You can always return your purchase within 14 days, if necessary.. Nothing to be sad about

@kgp Curious if you have seen the updated Prime x299 Deluxe II, its ditches a pcie slot for a second m.2, ditches the u.2 ports for 2 more sata ports, has 2 built in thunderbolt 3 usb-c ports, has 2 fullsize DP in ports for TB3, one of the intel ethernet ports was replaced with an aquantia 5G port, supports higher OC'd DDR4 memory and supports the i9-9980XE cpu

it doesn't look like its available yet but I am curious if you think you might upgrade?

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X299-DELUXE-II/

https://edgeup.asus.com/2018/introducing-prime-x299-deluxe-ii-rog-dominus-extreme-motherboards/

You can always return your purchase within 14 days, if necessary.. Nothing to be sad about

Nah mate.. not here.. polices are not that good.. its returnable for damage not refundable. ill figure something out. thanks for your concern. Ill keep you posted none the less.

Take care friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back