Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@izo1 I received 2 of this OSX Wi Fi cards. Unfortunately both of them are faulty cards.
One works fine only for Wi Fi, no Bluetooth. Bluetooth icon is faded in the preference pane.
Wi Fi is good and I am getting good performance. So I can use it.
The other one only works with bluetooth. Wi Fi not working. After checking 10-15 minutes
the card become extremely hot. I tried it in another PCI slot. Same result, so I removed it.
Cheap China product with poor quality control, 2 of this failed in a row.

Sorry to hear. Could you get a refund?

Regarding the faded out Bluetooth icon, are you using the port limit patch of some other form of enabling USB ports?

If you are using a custom usb kext for example, if you assign the USB to the correct onboard port, BT will show up.

New createInstaller.sh scripts for macOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226) and macOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E2034) - special build

Apple recently changed the index for macOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226) on http://swcdn.apple.com/, although resulting Install macOS Mojave.app version remains 14.4.08.

Screenshot 2019-04-23 at 16.12.36.png

I therefore expect the respective macOS Mojave 10.14.4 build still to be 18E226.

Respective changes for macOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226) on http://swcdn.apple.com/ also required minor modifications of createInstall.sh for Mojave 10.14.4 (18E2034), which else also still reveals receptive Install macOS Mojave.app version 14.4.10.

Corresponding Update of Section D.2) completed. New versions of createInstaller-10.14.4-SB-23042019.sh.zip and createInstaller-10.14.4-SB-23042019.sh.zip have been attached to the guide in the originating post of this thread and are once more attached here below.

Enjoy and have fun,

Edit: reload of createInstaller-10.14.4-SB-23042019.sh.zip, as formerly I renamed and uploaded old version on accident.

Attachments

• createInstaller-10.14.4-23042019.sh.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 183
  • createInstaller-10.14.4-SB-23042019.sh.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Help from my side after Easter holidays.

Thus happy holidays and good luck in the meanwhile,

KGP

Hi, hope you had good times on easter. Have you had time to look at my TB hotplug problem ?

Hi, hope you had good times on easter. Have you had time to look at my TB hotplug problem ?

Unfortunately not yet, my friend and I am also somewhat busy in real life at present. Could you send me another friendly reminder on Friday, if you did not get any respective reply from me before?

Your patience would be appreciated,

KGP

Unfortunately not yet, my friend and I am also somewhat busy in real life at present. Could you send me another friendly reminder on Friday, if you did not get any respective reply from me before?

Your patience would be appreciated,

KGP

Hi, thank you for your reply. Of course, I understand.

Reactions: kgp
Sorry to hear. Could you get a refund?

Regarding the faded out Bluetooth icon, are you using the port limit patch of some other form of enabling USB ports?

If you are using a custom usb kext for example, if you assign the USB to the correct onboard port, BT will show up.

@izo1 The problem is nothing to do with USB port limit. In fact, to be on a safer side, I tested both cards on an old i7 system. The first one is passed on WiFi, but Bluetooth is faded and failed. I moved this one on to my new X299 build and working well for wireless internet connectivity, but without BT. The card temperature is also normal.
The second one also tested in the same (old i7) system, but WiFi failed and faded out and under system report no PCI card detected, BT shows in preference pane but I was not able to pair any devise with it. Since the temperature rises after five minutes, so that I can't touch on it with bare hand for more than one second, so I give up that one.
I checked AliExpress return and grievance redressal policy. If I return at my own expense they may refund, that is not practical in this case cause it may cost almost as much as the price. Other option I have to prove the vendor that product is faulty with photos or video clip, then they will settle the dispute. AliExpress will take-up the matter if not settled with the vender. Any way I will try for a refund may be a partial refund.

Thanks

@izo1 The problem is nothing to do with USB port limit. In fact, to be on a safer side, I tested both cards on an old i7 system. The first one is passed on WiFi, but Bluetooth is faded and failed. I moved this one on to my new X299 build and working well for wireless internet connectivity, but without BT. The card temperature is also normal.
The second one also tested in the same (old i7) system, but WiFi failed and faded out and under system report no PCI card detected, BT shows in preference pane but I was not able to pair any devise with it. Since the temperature rises after five minutes, so that I can't touch on it with bare hand for more than one second, so I give up that one.
I checked AliExpress return and grievance redressal policy. If I return at my own expense they may refund, that is not practical in this case cause it may cost almost as much as the price. Other option I have to prove the vendor that product is faulty with photos or video clip, then they will settle the dispute. AliExpress will take-up the matter if not settled with the vender. Any way I will try for a refund may be a partial refund.

Thanks

Seems like defective units. I wonder if it worth trying in Windows.

I use this one from this buyer (which I picked up locally since they’re close to me) and no issues. Most likely he gets it from AliExpress but not sure which seller on Ali. Works perfect never had an issue. BT range is great and WiFi is very fast.

It’s partially my fault that I sent you that link to order from. Apologies. Ali is a hit and a miss usually.

See if you can get a full refund from your merchant/or credit card company/bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back