Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi KGP
Can you confirm your bluetooth working or not?
Thanks.

My bluetooth is perfectly working including sleep/wake.

Radeon VII now considered within Whatevergreen Source Code distribution

I just asked @VIT9696 to consider all necessary Radeon VII details within his Whatevergreen Source Code distribution and he kindly did immediately.

Radeon VII is now also part of WEG and all necessary cosmetics are now also properly displayed under "About this Mac" and "Graphics/Displays" of Apple's system report also by means of WEG and not only as up to now by means of my SSDT-X299-Radeon-VII.aml available in my Github SSDT repositories. For respective testing purposes, I removed my respective Radeon VII SSDT temporarily.

The new version of WEG however seems to work also well in line with the actual version of my SSDT-X299-Radeon-VII.aml and the Kozlek/Interferenc FakeSMC/HWSensor kext distribution that I recently modified to properly display Radeon VII GPU Temps under iStatMenus and which is also hardwired such within my 10.14.5 EFI-Folder Github distribution.

Against former claims of others, the current Radeon VII WEG consideration does not seem to have any effect on respective Geekbench scores either.

Let’s see if all the above remains valid after long term testing not only by myself but also by other users, moreover as everything related to the VII should be considered as beta in any case.

Enjoy and have fun,

Edit:

Note that the new WEG source code also seems to fix some actual or at least some former macOS inconsistencies concerning "compatible", "subvendor-ID",... GFX0 and HDAU properties. Thus anybody using my RadeonVII SSDT in addition to WEG, needs to download and implement the new modified RadeonVII-WEGVII SSDT from my respective Github libraries, after the usual adaptation to motherboard and PCI-Slot Population. I also dropped the formerly implemented load table created with VGTab (version for Vega64) but apparently not fully compatible with Radon VII, as it actually does not seem to provide major improvements and therefore rather would be confusing in the ongoing beta testing. All other above conclusion however seem still valid also after the actual changes in the RadeonVII-WEGVII SSDTs.

Last edited:
My bluetooth is perfectly working including sleep/wake.
My Bluetooth also worked.
Sleep & wake worked.But I am not happy.
Can I know How to connect your wifi card Bluetooth Header?
I connect to PCIe USB card with usb Sppliter. Its very slow to activate.

Last edited:
My Bluetooth also worked.
Sleep & wake worked.But I am not happy.
Can I know How to connect your wifi card Bluetooth Header?
I connect to PCIe USB card with usb Sppliter. Its very slow to activate.

I connected the bluetooth header of the BT/WIFI adapter to one external USB3.0 back panel connector and assigned 255 to the corresponding HS and SS port in the XHC USB kext. Besides, I also use the respective ARPT SSDT implementation, I also defined for your system some time ago.

I connected the bluetooth header of the BT/WIFI adapter to one external USB3.0 back panel connector and assigned 255 to the corresponding HS and SS port in the XHC USB kext. Besides, I also use the respective ARPT SSDT implementation, I also defined for your system some time ago.

Hey there! Your SSDT-X299-ARPT.aml is compatible with whatever Broadcom card in slot 3 or is it only for OSXWiFi cards?

Configuration
Dont't get the point why you want to use onboard-2 for your Radeon VII, while you use onboard-1 for HDEF. Else I would appreciate, if you would not change authorship in SSDTs taken from the Github library, where all people with significant contributions are cited anyway and also nice to know that you also confirm native support for the ASUS XG-C100C (AQC-107) under 10.14.4 thus I will consider the respective discovery of @ICEVISION also in my guidelines.

Hi KGP,

My apologies! The owner attributes have been reinstated.

Let me explain why I would like to change the hda-gfx value of the Radeon VII cards. I have two Radeon VII situated at PCIe x16 slot 1 and PCIe x16 slot 2. The monitor (LG 34WK95U-W) is attached on the Radeon VII at PCIe x16 slot. However, for some reason, macOS reports it as graphics card 2 as opposed to graphics card 1. As such, I want to correct this arrangement from the information perspective (albeit it is just a cosmetic change).

I hope my explanation is easy to follow.

Cheers,

Isaac

Last edited:
Hey there! Your SSDT-X299-ARPT.aml is compatible with whatever Broadcom card in slot 3 or is it only for OSXWiFi cards?

It is designed for the OSXWifi in slot 3 of the Deluxe but can be easily adapted for any other BT/WIFI combo adapter, motherboard and slot population. I guess you already knew that this would be my answer to your question :)

It is designed for the OSXWifi in slot 3 of the Deluxe but can be easily adapted for any other BT/WIFI combo adapter, motherboard and slot population. I guess you already knew that this would be my answer to your question :)

Ahahaha You're right as always, but I'm still unable to properly adapt a SSDT file :p So I'll put the new card I bought form AliExpress in slot 3 when it will deliver and I'll hope it shows in PCIe devices, otherwise I'll not have a PCI listing of it and I'll sleep as well. I guess you too knew I'd answer this way :headbang:

• Haha
Reactions: kgp
Configuration

Hi KGP,

My apologies! The owner attributes have been reinstated.

Let me explain why I would like to change the hda-gfx value of the Radeon VII cards. I have two Radeon VII situated at PCIe x16 slot 1 and PCIe x16 slot 2. The monitor (LG 34WK95U-W) is attached on the Radeon VII at PCIe x16 slot. However, for some reason, macOS reported it as graphics card 2 as opposed to graphics card 1. As such, I want to correct this arrangement from the information perspective (albeit it is just a cosmetic change).

I hope my explanation is easy to follow.

Cheers,

Isaac

Not really easy to follow, but who cares.. ;)

I always thought that the onboard value of the hda-gfx DSM definition also implemented within the GFX0, GFX1 and respective HDAU SSDT definitions basically depends on the HDEF hda-gfx onboard value of your onboard analogue audio chipset, which btw is 1 also in your case, while for changing the order of the macOS GPU implementation, rather the exchange of GFX0 and GFX1 or a changed order of respective GFX and HDAU implementations within your SSDT might likely help in your cosmetic endeavours. Although, also WEG might likely have same word on your current order of GPUs within macOS. However, nobody knows everything and als I am exposed to a permanent and steady process of learning.

Last edited:
@kgp

Care to share the Whatevergreen and Lilu you are using with your Radeon VII? Or, are these released versions, or newly compiled versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back