Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone have mouse lag issue with Whatevergreen installed ? I have 5k monitor connected (with displayport 1.4) to VEGA64. If i use Vegagraphicsfixup, all works fine (except of rare random kernel panics). I've tried to switch to whatevergreen, but i have short-time mouse lag every 3-4 seconds.

It happens to me sometimes, not every time. Never thought could be due to WEG, I switched to WEG from VegaFixUp since a while cause VegaFixUp hasn't been updated in months... Are you using 8 month old VegaFixUp with the latest macOS?

Having said the above, I really would appreciate if we could stop any pure theoretical discussion here and for now.

Echoing this comment, the last two pages have been confusing and based on speculations which I also agree should be left out of this thread.

Try to get your system working under macOS @ 5K2K native screen resolution with the LG 5K2K connected to one of the DP1.4 ports of your Vega 64 at first place. No need of TB in this case. Otherwise you likely have to deal with two different TB problems, partly related with your LG 5K2K and partly related with the onboard TTR controller of the Deluxe II.

I was successfully running the LG 5K2K via one of the TB3 ports of my GC-Titan Ridge on my Deluxe under macOS though, apart from system sleep/wake and apart from persistent LG 5K2K initialisation issues during any cold boot of my system. Both issues seem LG 5K2K firmware, GC-Titan Ridge firmware or Deluxe firmware related.

Everything detailed and explained in my guide. My initial EFI-Folder distribution is also fully valid for the Deluxe II. The same states for the rest of my guidelines.

Good luck, my friend.
I bought another monitor and connected to the HDMI only.
Following the super awesome guide very carefully, I finally succeed to build my first hackintosh!!

Many thanks to KGP!! :clap::clap::headbang:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 2.35.42 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 2.35.42 AM.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hi KGP,

Sorry to bother you but I'm having an issue with my hackintosh - it won't recognize USB external drives when I plug them into a USB 3 port. Have you ever seen this happen?

I'm using the ASUS Prime X299 deluxe motherboard. I'm attaching my EFI folder which is based on your guide at on page 1. I chose to drop HS01, HS02, SSP1, SSP2 so I used your KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-PX299D-XHCI.kext.

If you have any suggestions I'd be really appreciative.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35.3 MB · Views: 108
Hi KGP,

Sorry to bother you but I'm having an issue with my hackintosh - it won't recognize USB external drives when I plug them into a USB 3 port. Have you ever seen this happen?

I'm using the ASUS Prime X299 deluxe motherboard. I'm attaching my EFI folder which is based on your guide at on page 1. I chose to drop HS01, HS02, SSP1, SSP2 so I used your KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-PX299D-XHCI.kext.

What firmware version for your Deluxe are you on?

Reactions: kgp
Hi KGP,

How do you think that your current USB configuration should ever work such? Did you carefully read the corresponding section of my guide?

You are using the fully implemented XHC USB kext with all 20 ports (you did not drop any ports as incorrectly stated above) but have all USB port limit patches disabled, thus only 15 HS/SS ports are allowed by macOS, all SSPx ports apart from SSP1 are dropped in consequence and all respective USB3.0 connectors except one fail to work.

Either enable the port limit patches or use the 15-port XHC USB kext I attached below!

Good luck,

KGP

Side comment: Your SSDT implementation is a mess. E.g., what for you implement SSDT-X299-ACQU.aml, SSDT-X299-P2EI0G-2T.aml, SSDT-X299-X540-T1.aml? Are you really using all 3 different 10GB NICs on your system and also why do you use VegaTab_56.kext instead of a properly adapted SSDT-X299-Vega56.aml and WEG.kext anyway? Other SSDTs like SSDT-X299-ARPT.aml and SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml have been properly adopted to your hardware and PCIe slot population? Do you use any BT/WIFI and TB adapters at all? If not also drop respective SSDTs not required for your system!

Good luck,

KGP

Attachments

• KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-PX299D-XHCI-15port.kext.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 77
Fine, thanks for the info. However, I don't think that the Radeon VII ID is really required in WEG for what I need and use WEG for, as everything works as expected in line with my Radeon VII SSDT implementation. I really do not see any reason for the entire ongoing discussion.

In summary and conclusion, my friends:

In my personal opinion, the yet not optimal VII macOS performance is mostly due to a not yet optimal Apple Radeon VII driver implementation and some lacking benchmark software optimisation, with special emphasis on Geekbench, which even derives disappointing benchmark results for the Vega 64 under the recent 10.14.5 Public Beta (drop of 30.000 scores roughly, when compared with 10.14.4), whereas respective Luxmark (33.000) or Cinebench (166 fps) scores even slightly improved for the Vega 64.

Finally, I don't understand why nobody asks @VIT9696 to add Radeon VII support to WEG, if somebody believes that WEG still lacks a Radeon VII implementation and the latter would be mandatory for your particular Radeon VII system configuration. There is certainly no reason to wait for a final Apple Radeon VII macOS implementation to do so, as also any respective WEG distribution still could be subsequently improved if deemed necessary. However, this thread here is certainly not the right place to do so and nobody actually benefits from pure theoretical discussions, which are not even accompanied by benchmark results that would proof that the VII benchmark scores would increase when skipping WEG for now or by functionality demonstrations that would show that neither WEG nor any SSDT are required in case of Apple's actual Radeon VII macOS implementation.

In any case, I am convinced that the WEG + Radeon VII SSDT approach is the correct way to go in making all DP/HDMI ports of the Radeon VII work properly and in achieving display HotPlug, multi-monitor support and full system sleep/wake functionality like in case of the RX560, RX580, Vega 56, Vega 64 and the Vega Frontier, which was anyway also actually the case within my recent Radeon VII system configuration. My actual Radeon VII SSDT and all my other AMD GPU SSDTs have been derived from respective iMacPro dumps and have not been purely invented from my side.

Having said the above, I really would appreciate if we could stop any pure theoretical discussion here and for now.

I anyway already returned the air flow Radeon VII, which I employed up to now on my X99 system for testing purposes, to its owner. Thus further contributions from my side can be expected, once I have the necessary budget and money for my own water blocked Radeon VII X299 implementation. In my personal opinion, everything is set for the Radeon VII at my side and Radeon VII SSDTs as well as a Kozlek/Interferenc FakeSMC/HWSensor distribution, which I locally modified to show VII GPU Temps in iStatMenus, are either available in my respective Github SSDT repositories or are now part of my recent 10.14.5 EFI-Folder distributions. Anyway, nobody is obliged to use anything related with this else personal approach and I moreover recommend to wait with the purchase of any Radeon VII until there is a final VII macOS implementation and the macOS Radeon VII also works under macOS at full performance.

Thanks for your comprehension and good luck for all your endeavours,

KGP

I'm sorry but I'm back on the WEG discussion and the id of radeon 7 ... I added it to the original project and look what it shows me ... what do you say about it? ... of course I added it without knowing anything about this but trying to reproduce an existing record, random vega frontier ... so does or does not the id relevance in weg? ...

and let's talk about your ssdt implementation, it's at the limit ... besides the cosmetic part of pci listing ... of course you will react violent but I want to know your opinion to what you see ... you wanted tests, you have them ... by accident, it's true ....

Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 15.04.18.png

edit:
that's stranger ... how can that be explained?

Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 15.45.56.png

edit 2 :
spectacular performance has increased ... from 150k to 180k ... and for now are superficial tests ... I am curious if there is an explanation and what is it ... in fcpx bruce 5k test drop from 30 sec to 12 sec ... incredible ...

Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 15.56.17.png

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I'm back on the WEG discussion and the id of radeon 7 ... I added it to the original project and look what it shows me ... what do you say about it? ... of course I added it without knowing anything about this but trying to reproduce an existing record, random vega frontier ... so does or does not the id relevance in weg? ...

and let's talk about your ssdt implementation, it's at the limit ... besides the cosmetic part of pci listing ... of course you will react violent but I want to know your opinion to what you see ... you wanted tests, you have them ... by accident, it's true ....

View attachment 399068

edit:
that's stranger ... how can that be explained?

View attachment 399081

edit 2 :
spectacular performance has increased ... from 150k to 180k ... and for now are superficial tests ... I am curious if there is an explanation and what is it ... in fcpx bruce 5k test drop from 30 sec to 12 sec ... incredible ...

View attachment 399088

Once more, I don't understand why you do not address all this to @VIT9696 and some respective WEG thread.

I define the necessary Radeon VII cosmetics not by means of WEG but within my SSDT, which you offensively declare to be at the limit anyway, although it perfectly works for all Vegas for more than one year and it is even used by Apple. Your actual certainly interesting increase in Geekbench sores also rather seems to relate with adding the VII ID to the WEG source code distribution than using or not using my SSDT, you are anyway not obliged to.

I have no intention to react violently to your posts but I am also not going to enter a general WEG discussion here that you should solve and discuss at a different place. I am not responsible for WEG and I just use it for certain personal purposes. And I am also not going to comment on further theoretical discussions about what actually happens when adding the Radeon VII ID to the actual WEG source code distribution, without knowing all other related implications. @VIT9696 is your man in this case.

Let me know about your outcome and receive my support and interest for your respective endeavours in any case.

All the best,

KGP

Last edited:
Once more, I don't understand why you do not address all this to @VIT9696 and some respective WEG thread.

I define the necessary Radeon VII cosmetics not by means of WEG but within my SSDT, which you offensively declare to be at the limit anyway, although it perfectly works for all Vegas for more than one year and it is even used by Apple. Your actual certainly interesting increase in Geekbench sores also rather seems to relate with adding the VII ID to the WEG source code distribution than using or not using my SSDT, you are anyway not obliged to.

I have no intention to react violently to your posts but I am also not going to enter a general WEG discussion here that you should solve and discuss at a different place. I am not responsible for WEG and I just use it for certain personal purposes. And I am also not going to comment on further theoretical discussions about what actually happens when adding the Radeon VII ID to the actual WEG source code distribution, without knowing all other related implications. @VIT9696 is your man in this case.

Let me know about your outcome and receive my support and interest for your respective endeavours in any case.

All the best,

KGP

ok ... I understand your position ...
I'm sorry if you are upset or indisposed by my insistence ... you're right ... I'm wrong for reasons of excitement ... sorry once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back