Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ModMike,

and here are first brief results obtained with the above VirtualSMC and HWSensor distribution on my ASUS X99-A, i7-6950X, airflow Radeon VII system:

1.) No i7-6950X CPU core temps at all
2.) Wrong Total Power, Temperature, Fan Speed and Activity values for the air flow Radeon VII
3.) Everything else as described and discussed in case of ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G, i9-7980XE and Nitro+ RX Vega 64 above.

Will try to find some more sleep now.. ;)

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
Can we move this over to sensor thread?

What about just mentioning our recent discussion in the sensor thread and providing a link to the respective posts here in this thread?

Otherwise, if the moderation is willing to copy & paste (duplicate) the respective posts also to the sensor thread, fine with me too.

In contrary, I would not like that the respective posts are just moved to the sensor thread, as they contain information and results likely also important for most people following this thread here.

For any subsequent discussion, we can of course move to the sensor thread.

Cheers,

KGP

Nice work! Switched to VirtualSMC and getting all fan's readings, cpu and gpu stats. Also noticed that boot time is much shorter.

Nice work! Switched to VirtualSMC and getting all fan's readings, cpu and gpu stats. Also noticed that boot time is much shorter.

Happy I could help you out after all the help you gave our Z390-I thread in the early days!

What about just mentioning our recent discussion in the sensor thread and providing a link to the respective posts here in this thread?

Otherwise, if the moderation is willing to copy & paste (duplicate) the respective posts also to the sensor thread, fine with me too.

In contrary, I would not like that the respective posts are just moved to the sensor thread, as they contain information and results likely also important for most people following this thread here.

For any subsequent discussion, we can of course move to the sensor thread.

Cheers,

KGP

I agree. I quoted you in order to bring the info there so we are all good, see you in the other thread!

Hey there KGP, first of all thank you for the guide! Its amazing! Im trying to follow it and work out issue I'm having with my current build but im having some trouble. Maybe you can give me some insight to help?

I assume I can't just use your SSDTs of the Prime X299 Deluxe on my Prime X299 Deluxe II right? Not entirely sure how to go about that aspect of hackintoshing if im honest.

But that aside, Im having freezing issues all over the place. Pretty much any time the video card gets medium amount of use in an application, the computer hangs. For example, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Cubase, even Safari hanged once. I don't even have to do anything in the apps, just loading a session and waiting is usually enough for it to freeze after a minute or 2.

I thought going with the WX5100 would be less headache because its supported by Apple...but oh boy was I wrong.

Attached is an example of a freeze and also what VideoProc shows.

Other than this freezing issue, everything else works great! Shutdown/Restart/Sleep work (for the most part..lol), USB ports all work fine, iCloud and iMessage work, system is nice and snappy, etc.

Thunderbolt 3 seems to work out of the box without any tweaks necessary, can't hot swap though, device needs to be plugged in before computer is turned on.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 10.43.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 10.43.31 AM.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3130.JPG
    IMG_3130.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 128
Quick feedback with my both NVMe SSDs :

So, after clearing the snow and accessing my black WD SN750 NVMe delivered, I did the same test with:
(To keep the continuity of Thunderbold under MacO, you must first install it on Windows ...)

So with the same method I did before with the 970 EVO :
  • Cloned my SSD with Macrium Reflect
  • Started on Windows 10
  • Installed the required drivers
  • Thunderbold drivers installed
The verdict for the moment with both NWMe SSDs on the vertical M2_2 slot :

WD Black SN750 is more reliable ( without heatsink ! for compared with the previous ) :
  • fastest boot time
  • temperature is lower
  • no thermal throttling issue
I have not tested the intrinsic performance but I do not use Windows for my work.

So let's go to put the 970 EVO on the M2-1 slot and install MacOs and see what is being done ....
Have you enabled the trim on your SSD, and use the APFS format?
Does it boot normally as a compatible SSD, or a third party SSD with long boot time? (More than 1 min)
I am wondering about the result for WD SN750.

Thanks

Hey there KGP, first of all thank you for the guide! Its amazing! Im trying to follow it and work out issue I'm having with my current build but im having some trouble. Maybe you can give me some insight to help?

I assume I can't just use your SSDTs of the Prime X299 Deluxe on my Prime X299 Deluxe II right? Not entirely sure how to go about that aspect of hackintoshing if im honest.

But that aside, Im having freezing issues all over the place. Pretty much any time the video card gets medium amount of use in an application, the computer hangs. For example, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Cubase, even Safari hanged once. I don't even have to do anything in the apps, just loading a session and waiting is usually enough for it to freeze after a minute or 2.

I thought going with the WX5100 would be less headache because its supported by Apple...but oh boy was I wrong.

Attached is an example of a freeze and also what VideoProc shows.

Other than this freezing issue, everything else works great! Shutdown/Restart/Sleep work (for the most part..lol), USB ports all work fine, iCloud and iMessage work, system is nice and snappy, etc.

Thunderbolt 3 seems to work out of the box without any tweaks necessary, can't hot swap though, device needs to be plugged in before computer is turned on.

Hi, I already distributed SSDTs for the Prime X299 Deluxe II along this thread, which in your case still might have to be adapted though, depending on your additional hardware and PCIe slot configuration. You can also adapt any of the SSDTs for the Deluxe. This small guideline might help in this matter.

Anyway, freezes are usually not SSDT related. I have no personal experience with the WX5100 and I do not know, which 10.14 macOS version you are employing anyway. The only thing I can deduce from the brief information your provide above is that at least H264 and HEVC codecs are currently not support in your case. Else it would be important to verify if the freezes are solely GPU related or happen due to an inappropriate system or BIOS (e.g. AVX and AVX-512 offsets) configuration.

Finally, TB3 usually works OoB on any Hackintosh system. For HotPlug one needs the respective HP injector SSDT though, which unfortunately seem not to enable HP for the onboard TTR controller of the Deluxe II for now.

These are basically all answers I can provide based on your brief information provided above. Hope it helps somehow.

Good luck,

KGP

@kgp Have you had a chance to try the second beta for 10.14.5 with Radeon VII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back