Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
First i9-7980XE benchmarks ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G, i9-7980XE

Please don't mimic without extensive water blocking!

Cinebench R15, @ 4.8 Ghz

View attachment 394249

View attachment 394250

Cinebench R20, @ 4.8 Ghz

View attachment 394251

View attachment 394252

Geekbench 4.3.3, @ 4.8 Ghz

View attachment 394253

View attachment 394254

View attachment 394261

You mean I can't just one click oc to 4.8? :lol: but dang that's crazy! Can't wait to delid mine and put it under a custom loop.

Reactions: kgp
You mean I can't just one click oc to 4.8? :lol: but dang that's crazy! Can't wait to delid mine and put it under a custom loop.

And that's still with SVID enabled, CPU Core Voltage on Auto, just the two 8pin EATX connectors and without any CPU load table... :lol:;)

And the system such is rock solid @4.8Ghz :headbang:

Last edited:
And that's still with SVID enabled, CPU Core Voltage on Auto, just the two 8pin EATX connectors and without any CPU load table... :lol:;)

Beautiful! How's Thunderbolt coming?

Last edited:

Now I wanna push mine further :D but that's gonna be definitely less than that on 240mm :p I went for the smallest ATX case I could find :D

@kgp now you need to change MB in your profile from Deluxe to Sage!:headbang:

You went over 100C whenever the CPU reached 4.8GHz, I'm not sure I'd like to try that in real life.

Have you tried with Prime95.exe Torture test -> small FFTs? what temperature do you get?

I had to set the AVX2/AVX3 offset to -6 to not go over 100C (and even at 4.1GHz, it's over 420W on the CPU!!)

You went over 100C whenever the CPU reached 4.8GHz, I'm not sure I'd like to try that in real life.

Have you tried with Prime95.exe Torture test -> small FFTs? what temperature do you get?

I had to set the AVX2/AVX3 offset to -6 to not go over 100C (and even at 4.1GHz, it's over 420W on the CPU!!)

Sure, my intention was to see to where I can squeeze the system at most. And that was @4.8 with approx. 100 deg C under Cinebench 15, while concerning Cinebench 20 and Geekbench 4.3.3 the CPU Temps have been much less critical. Further note that I filled my custom loop recently, thus temps might still lower the next days and anyway my OC settings where not optimised (SVID enabled, no CPU load table, no CPU undervolting).

I did not recommend to anybody at any moment to run such system with 4.8 GHz in daily live and I would not do it myself anyway. The test was mainly to see benchmark differences when using my former Prime X299 Deluxe and the WS Sage 10G. Therfore I choose identical benchmarks and CPU BIOS settings as the rest of the system basically remains the same.

I was driving my i9-7980XE on the Prime X299 Deluxe most of the time @4.7 and so I will do on the WS X299 Sage 10G. Users with less extensive custom water blocking or of-the-shelf closed loop water cooling will have to lower their respective max. core ratios significantly in any case.

Last edited:
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G system configuration successfully added to general guidelines in the originating post of this thread (guide).

ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G system configuration successfully added to general guidelines in the originating post of this thread (guide).

View attachment 394367

Did you figure out a way to disable "Above 4G Decoding"? I had USB issues when it was off.

Did you figure out a way to disable "Above 4G Decoding"? I had USB issues when it was off.

The only way to disable it might be boot flag ncpi=0x2000. Did you try?

The other option would be to downgrade to BIOS firmware 0505.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back