Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp, Titan Ridge seems to support DisplayPort 1.4, the RX 560 also has DP 1.4 which should be able to support 5K displays. I wonder if putting the RX560 as input to the Titan Ridge card would work fine with the LG UltraFine 5k, what do you think? My goal is to use the 560 until something better comes out.

No worries! TIL something new :)

What happens if you switch vega and the wifi in slot 5? AFAIK, when you populate more than 4 slots, all PCI-E should be x8, unless I'm missing something.

Not sure I thought it was 16/8/8/8/8/8/8. Still working on my comp, found out that with the sabrent usb 3 hub one of my front usb 3 ports works at usb 2 with powered usb drives. Not a huge deal but still annoying. It works at usb 3 with sata power plugged in but i get the power issues and comp won’t shutdown like mentioned in the amazon reviews.

You don't need any monoblock as the VRM heat pipe and Heatsinks are sufficient.

Wanna see some first insides? ;)

Yet I am missing the entire cabling... GPU for now is in slot 5. If I have money and once the VII is natively implemented and is also verified to work with X299, the VII should go to slot 1 with an EK water block and the Nitro+ Vega 64 to Ebay... :p

View attachment 393159

View attachment 393160

View attachment 393169

View attachment 393170

Very nice! Sorry misread and thought you bought additional watercooling ports for vrms :lol: I probably won’t get to watercooling until summer since I’m moving soon. What’s in slot 1 it looks like it’s watercooled? And how are you dealing with internal usbs? Just an internal usb 2 hub with no front usb 3 ports?

Very nice! Sorry misread and thought you bought additional watercooling ports for vrms :lol: I probably won’t get to watercooling until summer since I’m moving soon. What’s in slot 1 it looks like it’s watercooled? And how are you dealing with internal usbs? Just an internal usb 2 hub with no front usb 3 ports?

In slot-1 there is for now a water blocked NVMe, which will move to slot-5, once there will be a VII with EK water blocking in slot-1.

For me two front panel USB3.0 Ports are more than sufficient. I will also cable the internal USB 3.1 Type-C connector to one of the front panels. The USB2.0 cable of the OSXWIFI goes to one of the external USB3.0 connectors. And that's is basically in terms of USB at my side.

@kgp, Titan Ridge seems to support DisplayPort 1.4, the RX 560 also has DP 1.4 which should be able to support 5K displays. I wonder if putting the RX560 as input to the Titan Ridge card would work fine with the LG UltraFine 5k, what do you think? My goal is to use the 560 until something better comes out.

I would use a Vega 56 but if you want to opt for a RX 560, it should at least be able to support a 5K Display for reading and posting here in the forum ;):lol: BTW... if you opt for the LG 5K2K, you do not necessarily need the TTR, as the monitor also features 1x DP1.4. It's TB port is only mandatory when connecting two different systems by maintaining 5K resolution for both.

In slot-1 there is for now a water blocked NVMe, which will move to slot-5, once there will be a VII with EK water blocking in slot-1.

For me two front panel USB3.0 Ports are more than sufficient. I will also cable the internal USB 3.1 Type-C connector to one of the front panels. The USB2.0 cable of the OSXWIFI goes to one of the external USB3.0 connectors. And that's is basically in terms of USB at my side.

Very nice. What cable do you use for internal usb 2 to external? Might have to go this route

Very nice. What cable do you use for internal usb 2 to external? Might have to go this route

The one attached to the OSXWIFI and then a cable USB2.0 internal to USB2.0 external.

Sweet thanks thought you needed two of those for the 8 pins since that’s 4. Good to know

well.. most BT/WIFI Combo adapters just use two pins, thus one cable is more than sufficient in this matter.

I would use a Vega 56 but if you want to opt for a RX 560, it should at least be able to support a 5K Display for reading and posting here in the forum ;):lol: BTW... if you opt for the LG 5K2K, you do not necessarily need the TTR, as the monitor also features 1x DP1.4. It's TB port is only mandatory when connecting two different systems by maintaining 5K resolution for both.

I'm agree : I have a spare RX 560 and and I will test it this weekend, but it seems to only allow basic use of the computer with our platform x299 and with a 5k2K display push the limits will quickly reach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back