Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s CEB so it’s in between atx and e-atx. Not that much wider than atx.

12 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )
Vs
12 inch x 10.5 inch ( 30.5 cm x 26.7 cm )

Thanks! It actually means I have to check something for my case :)

Unfortunately not yet by night I mean late night :lol: so might be until tomorrow

In progress but here is the updated bios pic saying to use 1 and 5 instead of 1 and 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 72
From the Sage/10G manual I saw it reports as a standard ATX motherboard, is it actually a little bigger than that?

Well it has CEB Form Factor 12 inch x 10.5 inch ( 30.5 cm x 26.7 cm ), thus you would have to see if it fits in your particular ATX case.

Compare with:

ATX: 305 mm × 244 mm (12″ × 9,6″)
E-ATX-Format: 305 mm × 330 mm (12″ × 13″)
XL-ATX: 345 mm × 262 mm (13,5″ × 10,3″)

Edit: Opps, I have just seen that your question already has been answered in post #2,362 .

Very esoteric question indeed.. Can you show a drawing to show to which distance you are exactly referring? Anyway the Sage is E-ATX, which also requires a different housing in my case. Thus for me, the change from the Deluxe to the Sage is non-trivial and requires a complete system rebuild.

In red....
Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 4.31.56 AM.png

In red....

Well I would say something like 10.5 to 10.7 cm. May sage is already equipped with water blocked hardware. Thus, kind of difficult to measure anything now such.

Last edited:
In progress but here is the updated bios pic saying to use 1 and 5 instead of 1 and 3

Which seems in line with the manual and this picture. Have you tried to install a card in slot 1, 2, 3 and 5 and check what happens in BIOS? Any card should be ok for testing.

Which seems in line with the manual and this picture. Have you tried to install a card in slot 1, 2, 3 and 5 and check what happens in BIOS? Any card should be ok for testing.
View attachment 393152

I’ve tried Vega, thunderbolt, nvidia, -, WiFi, -,- and it seems to work fine. And also moved WiFi to slot 7. It just shows an ! on the gpu in slot 3 in the bios. Might be due to separating the gpus on different plx chips but idk. There was another user in the 10.13 thread I believe that recently got the sage 10g and he couldn’t post with a card in 1 and 3. Had to be 1 and 5 so ymmv?

Well I would say something like 10.5 to 10.7 cm. May sage is already equipped with water blocked hardware. Thus, kind of difficult to measure anything now such.

So you got your sage already? Are you using any waterblock hardware besides a cpu block? Haven’t seen any monoblocks or vrm blocks for the sage

Well it has CEB Form Factor 12 inch x 10.5 inch ( 30.5 cm x 26.7 cm ), thus you would have to see if it fits in your particular ATX case.

Compare with:

ATX: 305 mm × 244 mm (12″ × 9,6″)
E-ATX-Format: 305 mm × 330 mm (12″ × 13″)
XL-ATX: 345 mm × 262 mm (13,5″ × 10,3″)

Edit: Opps, I have just seen that your question already has been answered in post #2,362 .

No worries! TIL something new :)

I’ve tried Vega, thunderbolt, nvidia, -, WiFi, -,- and it seems to work fine. And also moved WiFi to slot 7. It just shows an ! on the gpu in slot 3 in the bios. Might be due to separating the gpus on different plx chips but idk. There was another user in the 10.13 thread I believe that recently got the sage 10g and he couldn’t post with a card in 1 and 3. Had to be 1 and 5 so ymmv?

What happens if you switch vega and the wifi in slot 5? AFAIK, when you populate more than 4 slots, all PCI-E should be x8, unless I'm missing something.

So you got your sage already? Are you using any waterblock hardware besides a cpu block? Haven’t seen any monoblocks or vrm blocks for the sage

You don't need any monoblock as the VRM heat pipe and Heatsinks are sufficient.

Wanna see some first insides? ;)

Yet I am missing the entire cabling... GPU for now is in slot 5. If I have money and once the VII is natively implemented and is also verified to work with X299, the VII should go to slot 1 with an EK water block and the Nitro+ Vega 64 to Ebay... :p

IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

IMG_3392.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back