Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a hard working weekend... Solved Thunderbolt3 Sonnet Solo 10Gbe (Aquantia Q107). (I think it is not real TH3... PCI-bridge instead). Not hot plug, but working.

Now... trying eGPU Razer Core X. At the moment with Radeon VII (not supported yet)(Mod AMDRadeonX5000.kext ID, identified but not loaded)

Is it posible to adapt SSDT-X299 Radeon Vii.aml to
PC01@0/AppleACPIPCI/BR1A@0/IOPP/UPSB@0/IOPP/DSB1@1/IOPP/UPS0@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@1/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/display@0/ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0/AMDFramebufferVega10/AGPM
??
Thanks a lot.

working...

Attachments

• 屏幕快照 2019-03-11 下午10.12.50.png
    屏幕快照 2019-03-11 下午10.12.50.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
  • 屏幕快照 2019-03-11 下午10.13.53.png
    屏幕快照 2019-03-11 下午10.13.53.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
After a hard working weekend... Solved Thunderbolt3 Sonnet Solo 10Gbe (Aquantia Q107). (I think it is not real TH3... PCI-bridge instead). Not hot plug, but working.
View attachment 392378View attachment 392379View attachment 392380

Now... trying eGPU Razer Core X. At the moment with Radeon VII (not supported yet)(Mod AMDRadeonX5000.kext ID, identified but not loaded)
View attachment 392381

Is it posible to adapt SSDT-X299 Radeon Vii.aml to
PC01@0/AppleACPIPCI/BR1A@0/IOPP/UPSB@0/IOPP/DSB1@1/IOPP/UPS0@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@1/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/display@0/ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0/AMDFramebufferVega10/AGPM
??
Thanks a lot.

working...

By this, the Radeon Vii.aml must become part of the TB-SSDT:

PC01.BR1A.UPSB.DSB1.UPS0.EPG1.EPG2.EPG3.GFX1

and one more thing,if the bios setting:Lanch CSM:Disabled
my computer restart boot always stop at:Detect HD。it must unplug the power cord the and replug it the boots ok.

I see the same behaviour. Unless I enable CSM in my BIOS, the board hangs at Detect HDD - but only if I have a Titan Ridge controller card in the machine.

Your entire XHCI ACPI table is missing -> Change to different BIOS firmware!

View attachment 391845

Not any XHCI USB2.0 or USB3.0 port will work like this (although there are anyway no USB2.0 ports on the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G )! This has nothing to do with your EFI-Folder, SSDTs, kexts, TB, etc.

This is definitely the same BIOS firmware issue like with BIOS firmware 1603 on other ASUS motherboards! ASUS is really doing crap and mess here!

Investigate which versions of the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G firmware drops the entire XHCI ACPI implementation and which version of the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G firmware works fine.

Report your results to the community, thus that other users of the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G can avoid this firmware issue.

BTW.. Always use EZ-Flashback for flashing your BIOS firmware. Don't flash any firmware with respective BIOS utilities within the BIOS!

If the XHCI ACPI table is totally dropped like in your case, boot flag npci=0x2000 might also help in removing this problem. However, that's rather a workaround than any permanent solution.

Please write to ASUS and tell them to fix this firmware issue under macOS once and forever in their

Good luck,

KGP
You mentioned 1503
Well I’ve gone through and tested several different versions of BIOS, and I even completely replaced the motherboard with a brand new one. Yet, I’m still able to use the USB ports, and I have only been able to re-create the problem that @kgp pointed out about missing the entire XHCI ACPI table in my I/O registry when disabling 4g encoding in the bios.

So, the USB ports are back, but I still have the Finder crash occasionally when I unmount a drive. I get a Beachball that never stops, and, if I read launch the Finder, it clears the desktop but it never loads back on and I have to reset.

The other major issue that I am having is that my Qtake software which had been recording video with the black magic 8K card, is no longer able to record the video, and I get corrupt files. Everything was OK for the most part with this machine outside of the USB issues until I attempted to install the Alpine Ridge card. Other than installing Windows on a separate drive and trying to install the Alpine Ridge card in slot 5, (which I removed after I quickly learned it will not work it has to be a slot two) I really didn’t add anything except for the SSDT-C299-TB3HP which I have since removed. I have also turned off the Thunderbolt support in the BIOS. To be clear, I have abandoned the Alpine Ridge card in this system for now so it’s no longer part of the mix.

I did extensive testing today including testing the card in a Thunderbolt three enclosure on my iMac, it works fine there. I tested various different versions of the software, which is anyway usually very reliable,. I tested the media express app from black magic, and it is able to record just fine. I also tried a different version of the driver for the card just to reload the firmware, and then went back to the driver version that I’m supposed to use. Once again reloaded the firmware for that. I just can’t figure out why I can’t get back to where I was before and I started that Alpine Ridge install.
UPDATE reinstalling the Mac OS solved my video issues.

Your entire XHCI ACPI table is missing -> Change to different BIOS firmware!

View attachment 391845

Not any XHCI USB2.0 or USB3.0 port will work like this (although there are anyway no USB2.0 ports on the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G )! This has nothing to do with your EFI-Folder, SSDTs, kexts, TB, etc.

This is definitely the same BIOS firmware issue like with BIOS firmware 1603 on other ASUS motherboards! ASUS is really doing crap and mess here!

Investigate which versions of the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G firmware drops the entire XHCI ACPI implementation and which version of the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G firmware works fine.

Report your results to the community, thus that other users of the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G can avoid this firmware issue.

BTW.. Always use EZ-Flashback for flashing your BIOS firmware. Don't flash any firmware with respective BIOS utilities within the BIOS!

If the XHCI ACPI table is totally dropped like in your case, boot flag npci=0x2000 might also help in removing this problem. However, that's rather a workaround than any permanent solution.

Please write to ASUS and tell them to fix this firmware issue under macOS once and forever in their recent BIOS firmware distributions for all X299 motherboards! This is a no-go! Such problem did not exist with any BIOS firmware version </= 1503 for any X299 ASUS motherboard!

Good luck,

KGP

You mentioned 1503. The only files versions I see for the sage/10 G is 301, 402, 501 and 905

You mentioned 1503. The only files versions I see for the sage/10 G is 301, 402, 501 and 905

With 1503 I was also not referring to the Sage.

I see the same behaviour. Unless I enable CSM in my BIOS, the board hangs at Detect HDD - but only if I have a Titan Ridge controller card in the machine.

This issue occurs with the TTR on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe only after a KP on wake with TB devices connected during sleep. As it is clearly outlined that you cannot not sleep your ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe systems with TB devices connected to the TTR, the "Detect HDD" issue is just a consequence of ignoring respective guidelines and can be easily solved by disconnecting the TB HDD during subsequent boot. If you want to keep TB devices connected during sleep, you should change to the ASUS WS X299 Sage (10G) + TTR. I asked ASUS to fix the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe firmware on this matter, without getting any fruitful response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back