Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @kgp

I am wondering if you came across a way the related eprom in could be dumped....
I have a MBP 2018 here on my desk and could give any non destructive solution a try.

All the best
Frank

Good question.. no idea if there would be any non destructive solution. Maybe somebody expert in this matter could provide an adequate answer what to do exactly in this case ...

Is thunderbolt 3 working fine on Deluxe II? Anything that I should be aware of if I want to make a new build with this motherboard and one of the refresh CPUs?

So here is the word I will save you the trouble I had. I bought one, install went perfect, MOST drivers work. A caveat though. Hotswap is NOT working on the Deluxe II. Also if you have 2 GPUS installed the TB cuts out unless you boot into WIN. I am not sure why.

So here is the word I will save you the trouble I had. I bought one, install went perfect, MOST drivers work. A caveat though. Hotswap is NOT working on the Deluxe II. Also if you have 2 GPUS installed the TB cuts out unless you boot into WIN. I am not sure why.

Did you properly adapt the Nvidia SSDT now? And in case you use two Nvidia GPUs, did you also use two different Nvidia SSDTs?

As you are on 10.13.6, you should answer to these questions in the respective thread though and attach IOREG.save and a "PCI" screenshot, thus that others can help you. But I guess we sufficiently discussed all this yesterday already there. ;)

Did you properly adapt the Nvidia SSDT now? And in case you use two Nvidia GPUs, did you also use two different Nvidia SSDTs?

As you are on 10.13.6, you should answer to these questions in the respective thread though and attach IOREG.save and a "PCI" screenshot, thus that others can help you. But I guess we sufficiently discussed all this yesterday already there. ;)

Good morning @kgp! So I decided to return the board after realizing 1. after a propper SSDT for the Nvidia GPUS it only leaves me with one PCI slot for other cards. For now, I have decided to go back to my GA-X299 Designare EX board. Unfortunately though I can't seem to boot that into 10.13.6 now. I can only boot to 10.14. I get a kernel panic at startup and I have tried, new ram, new hd, new os install, ATI GPU vs. Nvidia. Multiple different boot flags. Nothing seems to work. I am lost. Any suggestions? BTW I finally found your pp I will be sending you something for all your help! Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.4 MB · Views: 61
  • 20190306_015126.jpg
    20190306_015126.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
Good morning @kgp! So I decided to return the board after realizing 1. after a propper SSDT for the Nvidia GPUS it only leaves me with one PCI slot for other cards. For now, I have decided to go back to my GA-X299 Designare EX board. Unfortunately though I can't seem to boot that into 10.13.6 now. I can only boot to 10.14. I get a kernel panic at startup and I have tried, new ram, new hd, new os install, ATI GPU vs. Nvidia. Multiple different boot flags. Nothing seems to work. I am lost. Any suggestions? BTW I finally found your pp I will be sending you something for all your help! Thanks!

My friend, once more this thread is for 10.14 and your EFI-Folder attached is for 10.13.6. This is definitely the wrong thread to discuss your issues. We really should not start mixing up between the two threads.

Anyway.. if your profile properly states that you are using a i9-7980XE, why your TSCAdjustReset.kext implements IOCPUNumber 19 instead of 35? Your system won't boot with such configuration.

Also update Clover, your current clover installation dates back to 31 August 2018. The same states for WEG.kext and Lilu.kext, which date back to 29 July 2018. Also you are using an outdated and incoherent FakeSMC and HWSensor distribution dating back to 29 July 2018 or 23 February 2018, respectively (use the one implemented in my default 10.13.6 SU EFI-Folder distribution).

Good luck,

KGP

Last edited:
My friend, once more this thread is for 10.14 and your EFI-Folder attached is for 10.13.6. This is definitely the wrong thread to discuss your issues. We really should not start mixing up between the two threads.

Anyway.. if your profile properly states that you are using a i9-7980XE, why your TSCAdjustReset.kext implements IOCPUNumber 19 instead of 35? Your system won't boot with such configuration.

Good luck,

KGP
Sorry moving to other thread, thank you for the reminder!

Reactions: kgp

Also update Clover, your current clover installation dates back to 31 August 2018. The same states for WEG.kext and Lilu.kext, which date back to 29 July 2018. Also you are using an outdated and incoherent FakeSMC and HWSensor distribution dating back to 29 July 2018 or 23 February 2018, respectively (use the one implemented in my default 10.13.6 SU EFI-Folder distribution).

Good luck,

KGP
I quickly changed the integer to 35 instead of 19 and I still get the panic.

And change thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back