Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKAY will the GPU work in Slot 3? I have always heard that you need GPU in Slot One. I have a test with this system today so no Thunderbolt for now.

Nope slot-2, check 3.6.12 section of the manual. Kinda sucks but I have my gpu in slot 1 on a riser card until I watercool and make it a single slot card. Also the thunderbolt header is right below slot 2

I would confirm that the TB adapter MUST be in Slot-2 of the Sage as implemented such also in the default TB-SSDT being part of the set of Sage SSDTs I distributed few posts ago. Anyway, compare original ACPI tables in your IOREG with ACPI path and ACPI replacements implemented in the SSDTs for the Sage, which I configured for @DSM2 based on his Sage slot population . By this you will also know where to best place your GPU. Else just follow @djlild7hina's slot population, which perfectly works anyway.

Last edited:
update is all good!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 1.37.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 1.37.55 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Is thunderbolt 3 working fine on Deluxe II? Anything that I should be aware of if I want to make a new build with this motherboard and one of the refresh CPUs?

Is thunderbolt 3 working fine on Deluxe II? Anything that I should be aware of if I want to make a new build with this motherboard and one of the refresh CPUs?

See post #2,246 . There have been also issues with some of the new processors. So far the i9-9940X seems to work fine though.

Last edited:
yes, Alpine Ridge XHCI WA

no, i dont want TTR ports to pop up under HS09/10... i just test and find it will for some cases.

no Alpine Ridge, just the JHL7540 on board.

View attachment 384119View attachment 384120View attachment 384121

@applemacosxGOD It's awesome you are rocking the Deluxe II. I just bought one. Could you please upload your EFI folder? Did you get everything working well? I am going to build one specifically for rendering so I will report all of my findings too! Multiple GPUs ect... Thank you so much!

hi Guys! Could someone help me? do not get the install usb to start :(
Hardware:
i9 7900x on asus rampage 6 extreme with the latest bios and a rx580 8gb
I've gone through the instructions point by point.
then I start clover select install from usb. everything loads normally and after 1 minute turns off the screen but the pc continues to run normally

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.2 MB · Views: 67
hi Guys! Could someone help me? do not get the install usb to start :(
Hardware:
i9 7900x on asus rampage 6 extreme with the latest bios and a rx580 8gb
I've gone through the instructions point by point.
then I start clover select install from usb. everything loads normally and after 1 minute turns off the screen but the pc continues to run normally

solved

displayport turns off and switches to hdmi for whatever reason

Well when trying to fully implement the entire TB-SSDT dumps of a real iMacPro or MacBook Pro 2018 to also likely achieve a proper local TB node and TB Bus driver implementation, we reached the conclusion that the latter might be only possible based on the EPROM implementation on a real iMacPro (Alpine Ridge) or MacBook Pro 2018 (Titan Ridge) and some subsequent implementation of the respective information in Clover, if possible at all.

Anyway, good luck for your endeavours, wherever you reach..
Hi @kgp

I am wondering if you came across a way the related eprom in could be dumped....
I have a MBP 2018 here on my desk and could give any non destructive solution a try.

All the best
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back