Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep/wake usually works with my EFI-Folders + guidelines independent of CPU, GPU or motherboard brand.

Also on my own system sleep/wake works absolutely flawless.

With this answer I will stop my activities in the Hackintosh Community for now. No further guide development or support from my side for now.

Good luck and take care,

KGP

You have my gratitude for taking the time and effort to build and maintain the guides that made it possible for me to build my dream machine.
To me it seems you were overworked for quite a while with regard to all kinds of requests in multiple threads.

So, take care and enjoy life. :beachball:

Sleep/wake usually works with my EFI-Folders + guidelines independent of CPU, GPU or motherboard brand.

With this answer I will stop my activities in the Hackintosh Community for now. No further guide development or support from my side for now.

Good luck and take care,

KGP
I have a depressing state after this message. Hope everything will be fine ... not necessarily such a crazy pace...

Reactions: kgp

Good luck and take care,

KGP

I am just starting to dig into the world of the hackintosh, then I see your guides and advice, which are really helpful to me and probably to the whole hackintosh community. I really appreciate your help of solving the problems of my ASUS PX299D2 system and your patience to try to help every hackintosh user on their problems and questions.

Hope you enjoy your real life and looking forward to your return to the hackintosh community. (if possible :()

Reactions: kgp

Good luck and take care,

KGP

Hi @kgp: I mounted two versions on the basis of your expert guide : as I told you, these builds are for a long time and I manage some evolutions on these machines over the months.

I really enjoy it all the time and advise that you supply here every day.

I can't imagine that you ever stop this support and for all of us.

Hope that we will see you soon here.

Best regards,

Lolo

On the fly : is there any progress here with Radeon VII ?

Hi @kgp and others
very good news.
sleep and wake worked now.
Its related issue with xcpm(i9 9980XE)
I just disabled xcpm_bootstrap Its worked.
Find 89D804C4 3C227722
Replace 89D80400 3C227722

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.3 KB · Views: 141
Because I’m saddened by the constant rejections from @kgp on my previous inputs helping others thru my experience, this will be my last post.

To all owners of x299 Gigabyte Mainboards using Mojave 10.14.1 and above, facing KP/ black screen upon wake after sleep, here is the solution.
The KP is due to the XCPM not properly being initialized across al cores of the CPU.
Because the kernel patch proposed by KGP on his EFI is out of date, ( and also not approved by KGP to Gigabyte users ) that patch stopped working after the 10.14.0 Mojave beta 3.

You will find below the proper updated kernel to patch enabling wake after sleep.

FIND 31D2E891 FCFFFF REPLACE 31D29090 909090

Ps: I still stand behind my previous post stating that the SSDT implementation of a PCIe device can change if an extra device is added
Post #10.851 & #10.856 clearly show consequences / IOReg changes of removing the firewire card from slot 5 with my GPU always in Slot 1.
I created two different SSDT for my GPU ( with or without Firewire card ) to compensate these changes. You’’l find them below.

Good luck to you all. I learned a lot from this community during this past year building my first Hackintosh.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-RX580.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 109
  • SSDT-X299-RX580 w FRWR.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Hi @kgp and others
very good news.
sleep and wake worked now.
Its related issue with xcpm(i9 9980XE)
I just disabled xcpm_bootstrap Its worked.
Find 89D804C4 3C227722
Replace 89D80400 3C227722

o_O...

which means that that you are simply not able to directly apply what I am providing...

Do you see any bootstrap patch in the EFI-Folder I provided for you in post #1,864 ?

and moreover the still implemented but obsolete xcpm_core_scope patch for all former users with locked MSR registers, which is definitely not your case and now also not the case for anybody else following my guidelines, is clearly disabled!

As all i9-79xx, i9-99xx or i9-98xx are fully natively implemented by macOS for more than one year we are not using any xcpm kernel patches for Skylake-X!

As stated above, the only patch still implemented in my 10.13 and 10.14 EFI-Folder distributions is the xcpm_core_sope patch, which formerly has been required by all users with locked MSR register to enable kernel write, thus even this patch is DISBALED by default in my EFI-Folder distributions as the MSR register is or can be unlocked on all X299 motherboards nowadays!

Apparently, I accidentally reimplemented the 10.13 core scope patch in my 10.14 EFI-Folders, which however would not have had any impact at all if one follows my guidelines, disables MSR Lock in his BIOS settings (anyway not necessary for GA motherboards which have MSR register unlocked by default) and also leaves the core scope patch disabled as implemented by default.

Thus, all recent 300 posts, related discussion and extensive testing of your system's sleep wake performance for nearly one entire week have been a simple waste of time because you did not directly apply the EFI-Folder I provided but introduced a not required and wrong xcpm_bootstrap_patch, like also enabled the erroneous but anyway disabled core scope patch or likely introduced even other not required or wrong xcpm kernel patches to the original EFI-Folder, which I provided for your system in post #1,864 ?

:banghead:

Last edited:
Because I’m saddened by the constant rejections from @kgp on my previous inputs helping others thru my experience, this will be my last post.

To all owners of x299 Gigabyte Mainboards using Mojave 10.14.1 and above, facing KP/ black screen upon wake after sleep, here is the solution.
The KP is due to the XCPM not properly being initialized across al cores of the CPU.
Because the kernel patch proposed by KGP on his EFI is out of date, ( and also not approved by KGP to Gigabyte users ) that patch stopped working after the 10.14.0 Mojave beta 3.

You will find below the proper updated kernel to patch enabling wake after sleep.

FIND 31D2E891 FCFFFF REPLACE 31D29090 909090

Ps: I still stand behind my previous post stating that the SSDT implementation of a PCIe device can change if an extra device is added
Post #10.851 & #10.856 clearly show consequences / IOReg changes of removing the firewire card from slot 5 with my GPU always in Slot 1.
I created two different SSDT for my GPU ( with or without Firewire card ) to compensate these changes. You’’l find them below.

Good luck to you all. I learned a lot from this community during this past year building my first Hackintosh.

First at all see post #2,122 !

The XCPM core scope patch so far was only required for motherboards with locked MSR register, which was definitely never the case on GA motherboards and it is also not the case for all other motherboards different from GA, as even now the ASUS X299 BIOS firmware allows after repetitive petitions to disable the MSR lock in the BIOS settings.

My entire guidelines base on using an unlocked MSR register for kernel write and therefore the XCPM core scope patch is also by default disabled in my default EFI-Folder distributions! Always provided an unlocked MSR register, Syklake-X was usually implemented by macOS fully vanilla and there was never any need for any xcpm kernel patches up to now!

It is true that apparently I was accidentally implementing the wrong XCPM core scope patch in my recent X299 EFi-Folder distributions, and I did not even realise this flaw, as neither me nor anybody else with unlocked MSR register (which is basically everybody) faced any need to enable this remaining XCPM core scope patch, which therefore anyway was DISABLED by default in my default 10.14 EFI-Folder distributions!

However, I wonder why you did not come up much earlier with a friendly advice to correct this flaw, which was anyway totally unimportant for anybody following my guidelines to unlock the MSR register so far. Many thanks for outpointing this apparent but so far negligible flaw in my 10.14 EFI-Folder distributions at least now anyway. However, I also still wonder why you let me do all additional extensive tests for @nmano for nearly one week, having in mind that his board might just need a correctly and enabled core scope patch to properly sleep and wake, if I correctly interpret your actual recommendation for all GA X299 users, which is somewhat surprising for my and all others anyway.

Now let's change topic.. apparently on your X299 GA AORUS GAMING 7, the ACPI device path for Slot-1 changes when also populating Slot-5, no idea why this might be the case. On my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe this is definitely not the case and after all tests performed with @nmano's GA motherboard the last week, on his motherboard neither. However, anyway one has to consider and verify the correct device path implementation for SSDT creation or adaptation at any time. Thus, in your case one certainly and apparently would need to properly readapt the GPU SSDT implementation after adding or removing a device in Slot-5.

As in any of my iterations for providing the appropriate SSDTs for @nmano, I always revised and considered respective ACPI tables provided in his updated IOREG.saves and also revised in addition after each step his provided PCI snapshots, I don't see any relevance for this never ending and weird discussion from your side, moreover as @mano just confirmed that his former sleep/wake issues have been induced by a xcpm patch (bootstrap) I never implemented for Skylake-X and he should not have used at all! Thus his entire sleep/wake issue was not SSDT related, which we also confirmed by several tests along the last 300 posts.

The last year, I configured hundreds of EFI-Folders and SSDTs for different people and all systems are perfectly working including sleep/wake. I guess, I really know what I do and I really do not need your respective advises. However, nobody is perfect and e.g. the actual flaw in the XCPM core scope patch implemented in my 10.14 EFI-Folder distributions, although anyway always disabled by default and usually not needed at all if one properly follows my guidelines, clearly shows that also I do commit errors within the anyway manyfold information and material I provide or distribute each time to the community. And I am indeed grateful to anybody for any related corrections or friendly advises.

However, as you apparently already repeatedly confronted with people along this thread due to your way of transmitting things and personal opinions, it is not very surprising for me either that now you also crash up with, which seems just another consequence of the latter. The recent confrontations with you btw also have been the final reason apart from many other reasons, why I finally decided to abandon the Hackinosh community for a while.

Despite all my unpaid efforts for the community, I feel that my work is neither respected nor appreciated by some of my followers, as I am still continuously questioned and offended for all the free and voluntary non-profit work I am doing here. The initial idea of my guides and threads was also to establish a fruitful collaboration with active contributions and help also provided by others. My guides and threads where never meant to be a place for people not contributing at all and just polishing and manifesting their egos at costs of others. Despite all contributions by few really estimated users, I am performing all work and support here lately basically alone, which finally occupies my entire life and was never intended such by myself from the very beginning. I guess it is not necessary for all others to mention that also you basically refused to help @nmano from the very beginning. That's why I finally took over to avoid any further confrontation between the two of you.

Finally I don't reject your few useful inputs to the community so far, the opposite is the case:

But I certainly do not need your ACPI table or SSDT creation/adaptation advises for doing my own work and I dislike that you permanently question or interfere my respective work moreover!

Thus, I leave it up to you, if your above post was your last post here or anywhere else. This is your personal decision and neither related with me nor anybody else. However, if you keep on posting here, try to relativise your ego and importance. If you continue with posts like the last one above, which in my personal opinion basically has primarily the intention to discredit me and my work in the community by polishing and justifying your own ego at the same time, I indeed would prefer personally that you keep-on posting somewhere else. If in contrary, we are able to have a normal conversation, I have nothing against further posts and contributions from your side, which in this case also would be of course appreciated if moderate and adequate.

All the best,

KGP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back