Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, anyway your decision.. AppleHDA, enabled port limit patches, fully implemented XHC USB kext exceeding Apple's 15-port USB limit, everything that makes your system fully non-vanilla. :thumbup:

Following your recent IOREG.save and PCI snapshot in post #2,098 , at least the entire GFX0 and HDAU ACPI table and GFX0 and HDAU drivers under PCI are now again properly implemented.

As sleep/wake still does not work even with this very basic and minimalistic hardware implementation, I guess the source for your sleep/wake issue must be found somewhere else and is definitely not caused by anything we already investigated.

I guess, once you detected the reason for the current sleep/wake issue on your system with this minimal hardware configuration, you can subsequently stepwise reimplement all hardware and SSDTs from my original EFI-Folder we removed for our testing purposes.

I hope you understand that my support ends at this place, as I think you are perfectly able to manage the rest by yourself. I also do not want to interfere in your attempts in modifying my original EFI-Folder up to your personal taste and preferences.

I really tried to dedicated much time in providing you with a complete EFI-Folder for your system and to also support you in the subsequent bug fixing procedure up to my best knowledge.

Thus, I just leave you now with a: Good luck, my friend :thumbup:

I will now start dedicating most of my time to real life.

See you guys, enjoy and have fun,

KGP
My friend
Finally I ask Can you update IF Asus or gigabyte sleep & wake worked X299 EFI folders?
thank you for your hard work.
this Sunday I will reinstall pci devices. :)

I am not sure if I am still supposed to implement this code or how to do that. Is this done in Clover?

I am Using the EFI folder you kindly edited for me. From the screenshots in my post above shold I expect these ports to be working?

Glad you’re back up and running :)

The code to patch the intel 10GB is done through ubuntu
(Taken from the guide)
Some additional notes to the EEPROM modding guideline provided by the link above can be accessed in Section E.8.2.2 of 10.13-iMP-X299-BDG.

But yes it should be working with my efi folder. Can you provide screenshots of your bios settings, system profile (Ethernet and pci devices) as well as a copy of your IoReg? That way I can take a look to see if fakepciid and the smalltree kexts are properly loading. Also I assume you’re on 10.14.3?

The code to patch the intel 10GB is done through ubuntu
(Taken from the guide)
Some additional notes to the EEPROM modding guideline provided by the link above can be accessed in Section E.8.2.2 of 10.13-iMP-X299-BDG.

But yes it should be working with my efi folder. Can you provide screenshots of your bios settings, system profile (Ethernet and pci devices), a copy of your IoReg, and a listing of your pci devices (what device is on which slot)?That way I can take a look to see if fakepciid and the smalltree kexts are properly loading. Also I assume you’re on 10.14.3?

Either KP or freezing at language screen.. these are two different things and I don't like to choose between two different options.

Which water blocking are you using for the i9-7920X? Which PSU?

1.) Lower "turbo ratio" to "32" for all cores for now

2.) Change package C state limit to C6 (retention mode) if possible

3.) Disable EIST

4.) What about AVX and AVX-512 offsets?
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

Thank you! I’m all up and running! I’m not entirely sure if it was the C stage change to retention, Disable EIST or changing my AVX values to those listed for your ASUS board(I’m using a gigabyte board) but I was able to finally boot into the installer properly.

Not sure if it was just me or if you’d like to double check over your guide in case something’s no longer working correctly But I then found the installer was corrupt, using the createInstaller-10.14.3.sh in section D.2) I compiled the install package a few times and created the USB but each time the macOS install would report the install as being broken. I ended up having to find an external download link of Mojave (18D42) and used UniBeast to created the installer and then replace the EFI folder with the one provided by yourself.

Anyway all up and running now, still doing some testing and working my way through your post install procedures, will have to learn a thing or two to try and adapt some of the SSDTs for my Gigabyte board. Wish I’d gone with an ASUS board now. But the Prime X299 Delux isn’t available in any of the the stores here and has been replaced with the Prime X299 Delux II so not sure how that would affect things if I swapped it out.

Always happy to give back to the community so if there is anyone else using anything similar to my setup I’d be more than happy to share/help out. I might even write up a little mini guide/post once I’m confident things are up and running properly for others to follow along.

Thanks again @kgp

Can you provide screenshots of your bios settings, system profile (Ethernet and pci devices) as well as a copy of your IoReg? That way I can take a look to see if fakepciid and the smalltree kexts are properly loading. Also I assume you’re on 10.14.3?

Thanks for having a look for me.
System Version: macOS 10.14.3 (18D109)

EDIT /Bios settings attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 5.53.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 5.53.21 PM.png
    105 KB · Views: 64
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 5.52.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 5.52.54 PM.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 58
  • iMac Pro 14core - VT.ioreg
    9.8 MB · Views: 68
  • bios settings.zip
    18.5 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Thanks for having a look for me.
System Version: macOS 10.14.3 (18D109)

EDIT /Bios settings attached.

Hmm BIOS settings look fine. Can you try uninstalling the smalltree kext from /Library/Extensions and repairing permissions? It may be causing a conflict from loading from the efi folder. If that doesn't work, try removing your small tree pci card. In ioreg under PC03 you should see the smalltree kext properly loaded. I've attached a screenshot comparing your ioreg and mine.

Also do you have a listing of your pci devices and what slot they are in?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 11.25.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 11.25.12 PM.png
    572.6 KB · Views: 63
My friend
Finally I ask Can you update IF Asus or gigabyte sleep & wake worked X299 EFI folders?
thank you for your hard work.
this Sunday I will reinstall pci devices. :)

Sleep/wake usually works with my EFI-Folders + guidelines independent of CPU, GPU or motherboard brand.

Also on my own system sleep/wake works absolutely flawless.

With this answer I will stop my activities in the Hackintosh Community for now. No further guide development or support from my side for now.

Good luck and take care,

KGP

Last edited:
Sleep/wake usually works with my EFI-Folders + guidelines independent of CPU, GPU or motherboard brand.

With this answer I will stop my activities in the Hackintosh Community for now. No further guide development or support from my side for now.

Good luck and take care,

KGP

How come? Are you extremely busy? :confused:

I think people here should appreciate how much you update this thread.

Thanks for your hard work.

Good luck and take care,

KGP
You can't sleep with out Hackintosh.
I am waiting your tosh.

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back