Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
o.k. I have 30 min for doing something. Thus can you try to boot your system with the 15-port kext and try to conned your mouse to a different USB connector? Later this evening we can continue.

See post #1,860 to know which USB connectors are disabled when using the 15port kext!, i.e one internal USB3.0 header and two external USB3.0 back panel connectors will not work when using this kext to stay within Apple's 15 port USB limit. but in consequence, your EFI-Folder is fully vanilla and con be used from 10.13.4 to 10.14.4, as you do not need to permanently change to respective USB port limit patches, as they can remain disabled when using the 15 port kext.
Thanks KGP
See you later.:)Dont forget sleep and wake settings.I test sleep but not work.;)

@nmano,

also look that the the USB-cable of your BT/WIFI adapter connects to a working USB port, when using the 15port kext without port limit patches. Let me know to which HS port des respective Usb connector ist assigned to.

Thanks KGP
See you later.:)Dont forget sleep and wake settings.I test sleep but not work.;)

If we are sure that your system configuration is complete, we can test sleep/wake, not before!

a.) get your system properly work with the 15-port kext
b.) set port number of the HS port assigned to your BT/WIFI adapter to 255. If it is a USB3.0 connector, assign 255 two both HS and SSP port. Carefully verify that you have chosen a connector that it is implemented by the 15-port kext!

Upload a new IOREG.save and PCI screenshot to see if we are still missing something and try to be online again in 3-4 hours from now ;)

And please don't modify anything else in the EFI-Folder for now! Otherwise we are lost with our testing!

until soon, my friend

If we are sure that you system configuration is complete, we can test sleep/wake not before.

a.) get your system properly work with the 15-port kext
b.) set port number of the HS port assigned to your BT/WIFI adapter to 255. If it is a USB3.0 connector, assign 255 two both HS and SSP port. Carefully verify that you have chosen a connector that it is implemented by the 15-port kext!

Upload a new IOREG.save and PCI screenshot to see if we are still missing something.
Its work before
USB 3 card not working now.

Attachments

• Navaratnam’s Mac Pro usb card not working.ioreg
    7.5 MB · Views: 72
Its work before
USB 3 card not working now.

Download and implement again original EFI-Folder from post #1,864 ! It worked before, it must work also now. Don't disable USB port limit patches while you are using the additional USB adapter. Use original EFI-Folder and KGP-iMacPro-GA-X299-WU8-XHCI.kext as implemented!

Just set port number of the HS port assigned to your BT/WIFI adapter to 255. If it is a USB3.0 connector, assign 255 to both HS port and SSP port of the connector.

Report back with IOREG.save and PCI screenshot.

I will be back in 3-4 hours

Please check:)I test 15ports-kext with disable port limit.
I did not connect bluetooth cable to usb header because I don't have 2.0 header.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 9.04.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 9.04.20 AM.png
    194 KB · Views: 54
  • Navaratnam’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    7.4 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Please check:)I test 15ports-kext with disable port limit.

o.k. 15-port kexts fully works as expected... :thumbup:

Now you can enable port limit patches, use again KGP-iMacPro-GA-X299-WU8-XHCI.kext and see if this reimplements your additional USB adapter. For now, your additional USB adaptor does not show up in IOREG at all! Is it properly connected to the PCIe slot at all?

If the latter is not the case, download and implement again original EFI-Folder from post #1,864 ! It worked before for your USB adapter, thus it must work also now. Don't disable USB port limit patches while you are using the additional USB adapter. Use original EFI-Folder and KGP-iMacPro-GA-X299-WU8-XHCI.kext as implemented!

But first at all your additional USB adaptor must show up somehow in your ACPI table after boot, otherwise the respective SSDT cannot implement it either.

Good luck and until later. Try to be online in 3-4 hours from now.

@nmano,

If you reimplement original EFI-Folder with enabled port limit patches, don’t forget to update the latter again to work with 10.14.4!

Don’t Forget that the port limit patches implemented in the original EFI-Folder are for 10.14.3!!!

I will restart with original EFI
please wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back