Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I hate the Vega fan curve and from reviews it seems it hasn’t changed much in terms of noise.

Also from what we have seen AMD has said there won’t be custom PCBs from AIBs so the reference design is what we get.

I added a thermaltake thermometer to my watercooling loop. It serves no purpose as the AMD always reads 2C over the water temperature. I don't know how they could manage their cooler to be so ineffective and so noisy.

@AsEvil ,

please use EFI-Folder attached. Should work OoB after reimplementing your serial number, board serial number, SMUUID and disabling MSR lock in your BIOS settings.

Please report back with IOREG.save and "PCI" screenshot. The we can do last refinements..

EDIT: Attached EFI-Folder reloaded - former version with wrong TSCAdjustReset.kext!

Attachments

• AsEvil-10.14.3-EFI.zip
    37.8 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
@Rulebreaker01 , unable to get the 5K2K monitor profile with native scaling loaded on my X299 system with my Vega, although it perfectly works on my X99 system with the VII.

I even tried to remove SwitchResX to my best knowledge. Still no success though.

Any idea what could precent the 5K2K monitor profile from loading?

@Gigamaxx ,

Question:

Apparently in the info.plist of AMDRadeonX5000.kext you just added 0x66AF1002 to IOPCIMatch of either AMDVega10GraphicsAccelerator or AMDVega12GraphicsAccelerator, correct?

But what did you change in AMDRadeonX5000HWServices.kext? 0x66AF1002 seems already part of IOPCIMatch in the vanilla kext...

Last edited:
@kgp Yor are right!!! After I removed the lines in the SSDT-X299-XHC.aml or totally removed SSDT-X299-XHC.aml from the patched folder, the PCI list in system report correctly shows the GC-Titan Ridge TB 3 NHI information (screenshot A). But USB-C information only shows when there is a USB-C device plugged before the OS boots (screenshot B).

And I found out that one guess from your previous post is correct. HS09 and HS10 on ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II are for the USB 2.0 ports of the onboard TB/USB-C port. (screenshot C) But like what you have said, the USB-C ports are mainly for USB 3.1 devices, the USB 2.0 port (HS09&HS10) is not really important at all.

I do not know how to adapt the XHC.aml for the Deluxe II and I think I need your help on this, Thank you in advance!!!

Also, I am facing a new problem now... After I clean installed 10.14.3, strangely, the USB kext I created does not work anymore. I know there are three new USB port limit patches for 10.14.3 and enabled them, but still, the USB 3.0 ports work at USB 2.0 speed... Can this problem be also related to incorrect XHC.aml implementation?

Hi AsEvil,

I have two questions:

1. Why do you have in your TSCAdjustReset.kext 19 and not 27 threats for a I9 9940 X CPU ?

2. Do you have a "wake after deep sleep" issue ? With your EFI (without the ...580.aml) and a Vega 64 my system don't wake up after deep sleep.

Hi AsEvil,

I have two questions:

1. Why do you have in your TSCAdjustReset.kext 19 and not 27 threats for a I9 9940 X CPU ?

2. Do you have a "wake after deep sleep" issue ? With your EFI (without the ...580.aml) and a Vega 64 my system don't wake up after deep sleep.

Uiii.. I did not check his TSCAdjustReset.kext. @AsEvil, EFI-Folder with corrected TSCAdjustReset.kext reloaded in post #1,735 !

@Maywitt, you should be able to use this EFI-Folder now. Note that apart from other corrections in his config.plist and kext configuration, I also hopefully corrected and implemented all necessary SSDTs for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II. However, you will have to remove again some of the new SSDTs like the one for the decklink, and also complete your specific GPU SSDT configuration.

@kgp: why I can not see the GPU fan speed values in iStatmenu Version 6.31 ? I have the same GPU as you.

@Maywitt, you should be able to use this EFI-Folder now. Note that apart from other corrections in his config.plist and kext Configuration, I also hopefully corrected and implemented all necessary SSDTs for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe. However, you will have to remove again some of the new SSDTs like the one for the decklink, and also complete your GPU SSDT configuration.

@kgp: Thank you very much - I use your last "AsEvil EFI Folder" now. test the sleep function and report later. Gute Nacht and greetings from Nuremberg

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back