Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the two kexts with modified plists with kext utility and rebooted system.

GFX0 busy error on reboot - cannot reach to login sreen.

Anything else I should apply?

It is best to use the original Kexts and only change the info.plists. Save the original plist by dragging to anfilder first. Then I used kext wizard, always have and it rarely disappoints. Sometime later replacing the whole/entire kext can cause errors.

It is best to use the original Kexts and only change the info.plists. Save the original plist by dragging to anfilder first. Then I used kext wizard, always have and it rarely disappoints. Sometime later replacing the whole/entire kext can cause errors.

Not very familiar with kext wizard though. What I have to do exactly with kext wizard after replacing info.plists of vanilla AMDRadeonX5000.kext and AMDRadeonX5000HWServices.kext in /S/L/E ?

Only repair permissions and rebuild cache for /S/L/E?

Last edited:

ok, fall back works:

implementing original plists in AMDRadeonX5000.kext and AMDRadeonX5000HWServices.kext in /S/L/E

->

repairing permissions and rebuild cache for /S/L/E with kext wizard

->

system properly boots again.

Conclusions: current plist patches seem not to work with Clover UEFI

Sapphire Radeon VII now fully UEFI compatible!

View attachment 386583

At first place I should highlight some important correction. My first tests and results concerning the Radeon VII did not base on a MSI but Sapphire Radeon VII. I simply confused the brand my friend employed on his system. I therefore already correct my initial lapsus in all former posts here in this thread up to my best knowledge.. ;):lol:

This morning, @DSM2 pointed me to some approach recently discussed in the German Hackintosh forum:

@Mork_vom_Ork recently
provided a link for a windows tool developed by ASRock, which implements a hybrid firmware on the ASRock Radeon VII. Unfortunately, ASRX7_16G190201.exe did not work in my case with the Sapphire Radeon VII.

However, @CMMChris extracted the VBIOS from ASRX7_16G190201.exe by means of a hex editor and provided the resulting BIOS ROM radeon-vii-uefi.rom in his respective post in the German Hackintosh Forum.

After saving the original Firware of the Sapphire Radeon VII with Winflash.exe (admin permissions) of AMD/ATI ATIFlash 2.84 under Windows 10, I subsequently flashed the Sapphire Radeon VII with radeon-vii-uefi.rom without any issues.

Subsequently I disabled CSM in the BIOS of my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and successfully booted my system with the Sapphire Radeon VII and new ASRock hybrid firmware..

Legacy only problem of Radeon VII fully removed! :headbang:

I guess that the latter approach should work for any Radeon VII.

Enjoy and have fun,

View attachment 386582

FYI you can download official Hybrid UEFI from ASRock.

Most likely AMD will issue a bios update (for reference cards) because not having UEFI support declassifies the card as “Windows 10 Compatible”

I just ordered from AMDs website and hopefully it can be implemented and a waterblock comes out for it soon.

Last edited:
FYI you can download official Hybrid UEFI from ASRock.

Most likely AMD will issue a bios update because not having UEFI support declassifies the card as “Windows 10 Compatible”

Nothing that I would not know.. post #1,698 already contains the link to download the Asrock BIOS update tool:

@Mork_vom_Ork recently provided a link for a windows tool developed by ASRock, which implements a hybrid firmware on the ASRock Radeon VII. Unfortunately, ASRX7_16G190201.exe did not work in my case with the Sapphire Radeon VII.

Just click on windows tool in the sentence above and you get the tool for implementing the new hybrid firmware that ASRock already provided. That's what post #1,698 is about. Anyway it did not work with the Sapphire.

However, after directly flashing the new ASRock firmware rom to the Sapphire Radeon VII with WinFlash.exe, as explained in post #1,698, the latter is already fully UEFI compatible.

Last edited:
Nothing that I would not know.. post #1,698 already contains the link to download the Asrock BIOS update tool:

@Mork_vom_Ork recently provided a link for a windows tool developed by ASRock, which implements a hybrid firmware on the ASRock Radeon VII. Unfortunately, ASRX7_16G190201.exe did not work in my case with the Sapphire Radeon VII.

Just click on windows tool in the sentence above and you get the tool for implementing the new hybrid firmware that ASRock already provided. That's what post #1,698 is about. Anyway it did not work with the Sapphire.

However, after flashing the new ASRock firmware rom to the Sapphire Radeon VII, es explained in post #1,698, the latter is already fully UEFI compatible.

I’ll confirm if this tool works with AMD reference once I get the card. Hopefully it helps us build a list of what card works with this tool.

AMD is a mess how can they make such a mistake...

ok, fall back works:

implementing original plists in AMDRadeonX5000.kext and AMDRadeonX5000HWServices.kext in /S/L/E

->

repairing permissions and rebuild cache for /S/L/E with kext wizard

->

system properly boots again.

Conclusions: current plist patches seem not to work with Clover UEFI

I’m also in 14.4 public beta that may make a difference?

I’ll confirm if this tool works with AMD reference once I get the card. Hopefully it helps us build a list of what card works with this tool.

AMD is a mess how can they make such a mistake...

The new ASRock hybrid BIOS already works with the ASRock (default), Sapphire (confirmed by myself) and MSI Readon VII (just also confirmed by @DSM2). They are all the same AMD reference GPU. Thus I do not see any reason why the new ASRock hybrid BIOS should not work with all other Readon VII including the AMD reference itself.

Yes, AMD is a mess, and made similar mess already with Vegas.. Thanks to ASRock and others, the actual mess with the Radeon VII has been removed within one single day though.. ;):thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back