Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @kgp !

I think your latest EFI doesn't work with the latest Mojave Public Beta 8, am I right? I was tryin' to install it and the USB key sequence stops at second step, when it should load some stuff and then go with the first reboot my monitors go black but they still receive signal from my Vega. I simply used createinstallmedia command to make a bootable USB Mojave Install Drive, then loaded my kexts and updated the SMBIOS in your EFI folder and putted it in the EFI partition of the USB Drive.

Hey @kgp !

I think your latest EFI doesn't work with the latest Mojave Public Beta 8, am I right? I was tryin' to install it and the USB key sequence stops at second step, when it should load some stuff and then go with the first reboot my monitors go black but they still receive signal from my Vega. I simply used createinstallmedia command to make a bootable USB Mojave Install Drive, then loaded my kexts and updated the SMBIOS in your EFI folder and putted it in the EFI partition of the USB Drive.

I would not see any reason why my latest EFI-Folder should not work with 10.14 PB8 once it has been released. For now, the official 10.14 public beta release is PB7 (18A371a), or did I miss something?

Better get your issues fixed and sorted, man.. ;) Your assumption is wrong that the cause of your problems is my latest 10.14-PB7-EFI-Folder distribution... perfectly working here on my system.. properly adopt it to your system if necessary ;)

Last edited:
Is the MSR 0xE2 register on the Asus PRIME X299-A (not the DeLuxe) unlocked and therefore writeable as it is on the DeLuxe version? I will be building a PC with such motherboard soon.
Thanks!

Is the MSR 0xE2 register on the Asus PRIME X299-A (not the DeLuxe) unlocked and therefore writeable as it is on the DeLuxe version? I will be building a PC with such motherboard soon.
Thanks!

I suppose that with BIOS 1401 one is also able to manually unlock the MSR for kernel write on the Asus PRIME X299-A.

To be confirmed by some Asus PRIME X299-A user..

Thanks for your reply.
It'd be awesome if any Asus PRIME X299-A user can confirm.

Do you guys think it's a better motherboard the Asus TUF X299 MARK 1 or the Asus Prime X299-A?
Thanks for your help.

Do you guys think it's a better motherboard the Asus TUF X299 MARK 1 or the Asus Prime X299-A?
Thanks for your help.

Asus Prime X299-A works just like the Deluxe, I got one so I'm sure.

Would you be so kind to tell me your graphics setup for the Vega 64? Mine seems to work, but can't force 5K display to work correctly (MST).

Try SwitchResX...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back