Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So using the EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI.kext from the repository results in an issue aside from the USB C back panel not working fully.

New problem is that it wakes from sleep a moment after going to sleep if I have a usb 2.0 device plugged into the back two blue color usb 3.0 connectors right below the two yellow usb 3 connectors

I tried the EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI-15port.kext but that resulted in Kernel panic on resume from sleep.

Sleep is a constant issue with Hackintoshes, there really is no perfect answer.

If you plug in a device and macOS sees it, then you have a working XHCI injector.

From my experience, Gigabyte does use a lot of hubs in X299. For example the previous board I had had the rear 4 ports on a single USB3.0 hub.

@izo1 does the Asus Deluxe II TB3 use the ICH or straight CPU PCIe lanes?

that board is looking very tempting (though annoying they used a 5Gig LAN only)

Edit: does that aquantia works under macos?

@izo1 does the Asus Deluxe II TB3 use the ICH or straight CPU PCIe lanes?

that board is looking very tempting (though annoying they used a 5Gig LAN only)

Edit: does that aquantia works under macos?

I'm not sure about TB3, but the board itself is basically the same as the Prime Deluxe just with an updated heatsink over the VRMs, a new OLED display, overall look changes....they added TB3 Titan Ridge and 5GbE ethernet.

I haven't had time to mess with the Aquantia, but it seems that you have to use a ton of workarounds to make it work. I just use 1GbE ethernet for now and Wifi.

Board so far has been great.

So using the EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI.kext from the repository results in an issue aside from the USB C back panel not working fully.

New problem is that it wakes from sleep a moment after going to sleep if I have a usb 2.0 device plugged into the back two blue color usb 3.0 connectors right below the two yellow usb 3 connectors

I tried the EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI-15port.kext but that resulted in Kernel panic on resume from sleep.
Your comment "I tried the EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI-15port.kext but that resulted in Kernel panic on resume from sleep" is very misleading linking your sleep issue with my XHCI kext when in reality, looking at your past messages, you stated several times not being able to make sleep work even giving up on the process.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sful-build-extended-guide.229353/post-1879470

I'm not sure about TB3, but the board itself is basically the same as the Prime Deluxe just with an updated heatsink over the VRMs, a new OLED display, overall look changes....they added TB3 Titan Ridge and 5GbE ethernet.

I haven't had time to mess with the Aquantia, but it seems that you have to use a ton of workarounds to make it work. I just use 1GbE ethernet for now and Wifi.

To check if it's over the PCH, you use IORegistry. Plug something into the TB port and see if it shows up under PCI0->RP0x (where x is a digit between 1 and 9).
If it's under PC0x->BR0x then it's CPU lanes.

What did you use to get Wifi going? used a PCIe board or replaced the built-in intel one?

Surprising that your GB died, it seemed build like a truck.

AUD $850 is a tad high price to pay just to settle the desire for more PC gear this month

To check if it's over the PCH, you use IORegistry. Plug something into the TB port and see if it shows up under PCI0->RP0x (where x is a digit between 1 and 9).
If it's under PC0x->BR0x then it's CPU lanes.

What did you use to get Wifi going? used a PCIe board or replaced the built-in intel one?

Surprising that your GB died, it seemed build like a truck.

AUD $850 is a tad high price to pay just to settle the desire for more PC gear this month

Problem is I don’t have any TB devices here. It’s all USB3.0.

I disabled Wi-Fi/bt from the bios (unlike Gigabyte which doesn’t have this option) and used this card. It works very well.
You can find it cheaper on AliExpress.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/142958986420

Yeah the GB board was very well built and I miss the extra fan ports. I guess I can just a splitter if necessary when I move this system to a Evolv X this weekend. It’s in the RMA process once they send me a new one I’m going to throw it on eBay.

I’ve spent way too much in December I’m trying to hold back on anything new. Still have to set up my KEF LS50s.

I really want the Radeon VII I hope it’s supported in 10.14.3. This way I don’t have to get a second Vega FE. My other purchase list is a 9980XE and that will complete this built for a while.

If Apple doesn’t come out with a Mac Pro I like I’m going to stick with this system for a while.

Your comment "I tried the EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI-15port.kext but that resulted in Kernel panic on resume from sleep" is very misleading linking your sleep issue with my XHCI kext when in reality, looking at your past messages, you stated several times not being able to make sleep work even giving up on the process.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sful-build-extended-guide.229353/post-1879470

No I got sleep working however it slept it over night and it woke to black screen. I So I disabled wake on lan and ErP. Curious care to share you bios screen settings for power and devices? Thanks

I really want the Radeon VII I hope it’s supported in 10.14.3. This way I don’t have to get a second Vega FE. My other purchase list is a 9980XE and that will complete this built for a while.

If Apple doesn’t come out with a Mac Pro I like I’m going to stick with this system for a while.

The Radeon VII is the exact same core as what you have in the Vega 20 (which is just like the vega 64 with a 7nm manufacturing process).

Personally, I would hold off, next gen AMD are coming.

New processor? is that just to replace the 7980? or are you making a new machine?

As shipping my PC was too expensive (I moved back to Australia), I threw away the PC case and its water cooling). Got a Define R6 USB-C and the PE360 EKWB kit as well as a Vega FE waterblock. The Define is very nice, plenty of space and much easier access than the Thermaltake I had earlier yet it's smaller.
For now I'm using the air cooler that came from a 7940xe supermicro PC, that things is the noisiest thing ever. My sony WH1000-XM3 even struggle to block it all.

No I got sleep working however it slept it over night and it woke to black screen. I So I disabled wake on lan and ErP. Curious care to share you bios screen settings for power and devices? Thanks
Still misleading...
I have responded several times to your questions regarding sleep in the past. Even bios setup.
Good luck !

The Radeon VII is the exact same core as what you have in the Vega 20 (which is just like the vega 64 with a 7nm manufacturing process).

Personally, I would hold off, next gen AMD are coming.

New processor? is that just to replace the 7980? or are you making a new machine?

As shipping my PC was too expensive (I moved back to Australia), I threw away the PC case and its water cooling). Got a Define R6 USB-C and the PE360 EKWB kit as well as a Vega FE waterblock. The Define is very nice, plenty of space and much easier access than the Thermaltake I had earlier yet it's smaller.
For now I'm using the air cooler that came from a 7940xe supermicro PC, that things is the noisiest thing ever. My sony WH1000-XM3 even struggle to block it all.

I was reading about it it seems AMD is just killing time for 2020, and Navi this year will not be faster than the Radeon VII...an updated version will be for next year, though.

The EKWB-MLC waterblocks I got are for Vega series, but I'm hoping it will work with the Radeon VII. It seems to be the exact same PCB except there is 2 more HBM2 modules on the socket for that 1TB/s bandwidth. It probably also means there might be more RAM VRM on the PCB. I'll probably pre-order it when it goes online and see if anyone takes it apart so I can match the Vega FE PCB.

I have a 7900x, bought it a while ago on sale, but want a 9980XE because I don't want to deal with delidding or custom watercooling.

I saw the R6 in person and didn't like the build quality. I have a Meshify C and don't like the build quality, however I like the front open mesh...but the case is too tiny.

I have the silver Evolv X sitting next to me but haven't opened it yet, neither have I opened all the EKWB Phoenix stuff that came last week.

I just want to avoid a loud PC and it seems the struggle is never ending without a proper water cooling solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back