Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all! It is by far the noisiest one! Opt for the air-flow Saphire Nitro+ Vega 64 in this case. And having said that, I would really like to stop this never ending discussion. There is no „silent“ air-flow Vega GPU that performs at stock speeds. A silent Vega GPU imposes custom water blocking! If you refuse water blocking,you have to live with some noise if you don‘t want to burn your Vega ;)

Cheers,

KGP

I can confirm. The only element I can hear regardless of the circumstances is the Vega Frontier Edition. That things always makes noise.

I ordered a EKWB Vega waterblock, out of stock for now which is also delaying my entire order with them.

Do you have a power table I could use in the Vega SSDT to undervolt the Nitro+ Vega 64? I started reading about underclocking and undervolting the Vega 64 I just don't feel confident yet to start messing with the P States and fan speeds.

I used the kext. I didn't save the SSDT data. Will try to redo this evening if I can.

Hello kgp! How are ya mate? hope your doing well in the new year! :)

I've been experiencing some sporadic disconnects from my internal SATA drives off late. I noticed one of the was disconnected so I remounted it and scanned it and it seemed fine. just yesterday I've had another kind of stop mid transfer and disconnect randomly, its done that twice already.Disk utility does not throw any error during a scan but I'm suspecting this drive to have made it to the end of its life possibly. I thought id check in with you to get your opinion?

Is there anything else I should check for that could be causing this issue hardware or software related?

Thanks mate :)

I've been experiencing some sporadic disconnects from my internal SATA drives off late. I noticed one of the was disconnected so I remounted it and scanned it and it seemed fine. just yesterday I've had another kind of stop mid transfer and disconnect randomly, its done that twice already.Disk utility does not throw any error during a scan but I'm suspecting this drive to have made it to the end of its life possibly. I thought id check in with you to get your opinion?

Is there anything else I should check for that could be causing this issue hardware or software related?

No idea, mate.. i never faced such issue

Works fine here. Actually seems a little more stable than my previous Designare EX (which was in use for about a year) and then it basically died due to BIOS issues.

I have not tried any TB3 devices yet, though.

It does have Titan Ridge, so it will be able to drive a DP1.4 TB3 monitor, but I haven't personally tried it.
You got the Prime X299 Deluxe?

Got hotplug working with it? I never manager to get it working with the Designare EX.
I'm still happy with the ASRock but not having to bother with an external TB3 card would be better.

You got the Prime X299 Deluxe?

Got hotplug working with it? I never manager to get it working with the Designare EX.
I'm still happy with the ASRock but not having to bother with an external TB3 card would be better.

Prime Deluxe II

I have not tried TB3 yet, but I will and report back soon.

Hi @perfecto245
If you are lucky, in Systemreport the SMART status tells you some thing.
What drive is it?
Following your fault description I would assume it can be connectors, cables or drive.

All teh Best
Frank

So using the EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI.kext from the repository results in an issue aside from the USB C back panel not working fully.

New problem is that it wakes from sleep a moment after going to sleep if I have a usb 2.0 device plugged into the back two blue color usb 3.0 connectors right below the two yellow usb 3 connectors

I tried the EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI-15port.kext but that resulted in Kernel panic on resume from sleep.

Attachments

• a2.png
    a2.png
    657.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
So using the EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI.kext from the repository results in an issue aside from the USB C back panel not working fully.

New problem is that it wakes from sleep a moment after going to sleep if I have a usb 2.0 device plugged into the back two usb 3.0 connectors right below the two usb 2.0 connectors

I tried the EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI-15port.kext but that resulted in Kernel panic on resume from sleep.

Just a side comment. Following the user manual, all four upper back-panel connectors seem to be USB3.0 and are just backwards compatible with USB2.0. Based on the results revealed by @Ellybz's port investigation, they apparently share a common USB hub, using the HS05 (USB2.0)/SSP5 (USB3.0) ports.

Just a side comment. Following the user manual, all four upper back-panel connectors seem to be USB3.0 and are just backwards compatible with USB2.0. Based on the results revealed by @Ellybz's port investigation, they apparently share a common USB hub, using the HS05 (USB2.0)/SSP5 (USB3.0) ports.

Yes I accidentally said usb 2 even the photo I attached says USB 3 post updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back