AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
:banghead:

Hi everyone I will start with the latest test trial. This week I ordered a 3770k Intel cu and installed it in my Imac mid 2011 with 16 gigs of ram and a Samsung 830 ssd with 2 gig video card. The screen would not even turn on.

So I went back to my old Intel CPU 2700k installed it on my mid 2011 Imac 27 inch. that has a samsung 830 512 gig SSD 16 gigs of ram , 2 gig video card. I installed avricks from a USB drive onto my Imac 27inch with the 2700k CPU fine but when i REBOOTED MY IMAC the screen would stop and say" please press any key to continue boot or Imac will restart" I pressed any key on my Imac and the computer ofcourse keeps restarting and wont boot into mavricks.

The thing to remember is it seems like mavricks accepts the 2700k without a problem but hen you reboot the first time you can not get mavricks to boot again and I assume it has something to do with the CPU not being allowed to load with the Mavricks OS.

Has anyone been able to successfully Patch the Kext files to be able to load the Imac 27inch Mid 2011 with a 2700k Intel CPU with Apples Mavrick Operating system?

I'm currently forced to stay with Lion operating system. and I'm not even going to try mountain lion because I had more issue with that system then with Mavricks.

Also with my mavricks attempt to install I tried to load the OS from a USB and also tried upgrading from Lion both worked but as son as I restart thats when the "restart loops " happen.

my current Mac configuration

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F
SMC Version (system): 1.72f2
Serial Number (system): xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hardware UUID: 08F23FC1-8AA3-53C3-9862-A1C056EA4FEB

I also have a Mid 2011 iMac (with an i5), and I'm interested which is the best CPU upgrade for this computer.

Hi

I have resolved the problem with iMac 27" 2011 mid intel 2700k ,for along time I was used Mac os x 10.7.5 it started to irritate me that I can not do update to Maverick 10.9.5 I read somewhere on the forum to delete a single file "AppleHWSensor.kext" I deleted that file ,after reboot my iMac I was see boot without a problem to Maverick 10.9.5
:thumbup:

Sorry for my english

any questions write to me

Specificationof my computer

Nazwa modelu: iMac

Zrzut ekranu 2014-10-11 o 21.32.25.png

Identyfikator modelu: iMac12,2
Nazwa procesora: Intel Core i7
Szybkość procesora: 3,5 GHz
Liczba procesorów: 1
Łączna liczba rdzeni: 4
Pamięć podręczna L2 (na rdzeń): 256 KB
Pamięć podręczna L3: 8 MB
Pamięć: 24 GB
Wersja Boot ROM: IM121.0047.B1F
Wersja SMC (system): 1.72f2

Ihave resolved the problem with iMac 27" 2011 mid intel 2700k,for along time I was used Mac os x 10.7.5 it started to irritate methat I can not do update to Maverick 10.9.5 I read somewhere on theforum to delete a single file "AppleHWSensor.kext" Ideleted that file ,after reboot my iMac I was see boot without aproblem to Maverick 10.9.5 :thumbup:

anyquestions write to me

Specificationof my computer
Nazwamodelu: iMac
Zrzut ekranu 2014-10-11 o 21.32.25.png

Identyfikatormodelu: iMac12,2
Nazwaprocesora: Intel Core i7
Szybkośćprocesora: 3,5 GHz
Liczbaprocesorów: 1
Łącznaliczba rdzeni: 4
Pamięćpodręczna L2 (na rdzeń): 256 KB
Pamięćpodręczna L3: 8 MB
Pamięć:24 GB
WersjaBoot ROM: IM121.0047.B1F
WersjaSMC (system): 1.72f2

Thank you for posting that you have been able to successfully update your 2011 imac 24 inch with a intel 2700 k cpu but I still can not update past 10.7.5 operating system I even tried Yosemite OS and I still get a consent reboot when attempting to upgrade. I even removed the hwsensor kext file. Is there a certain order I need to follow or other files I need to update or remove to get this upgrade successful?

Hi

my iMac works because I made a clone mac mini Then I removed the file after reboot the system boot up to Yosemite 10.10

When I tried to install Maverick or Yosemite from dmg my installation was stop working and was starting rebooting all the time ,so I made a clone to see if this will work after that my Yosemite boot up without a problem :) maybe can help you to solving your problem (sorry for my english)

Kind Regards

Thank you so much I will try to clone my macbook air with osx Yosemite and then flash that on using carbon copy onto my IMAC should I remove the hdwkext file before I do a carbon copy?

Thank you greatly for helping out with this.

Hi

my iMac works because I made a clone mac mini Then I removed the file after reboot the system boot up to Yosemite 10.10

When I tried to install Maverick or Yosemite from dmg my installation was stop working and was starting rebooting all the time ,so I made a clone to see if this will work after that my Yosemite boot up without a problem :) maybe can help you to solving your problem (sorry for my english)

Kind Regards

Thank you so much I will try to clone my macbook air with osx Yosemite and then flash that on using carbon copy onto my IMAC should I remove the hdwkext file before I do a carbon copy?

Thank you greatly for helping out with this.

Hi

Yes delete the file because maybe will not bootup ,I have 2 boot systems in iMac Lion & Yosemite
in my situation first I boot up Lion and when is on I was delete file and change my boot up in settings to starts up from Yosemite and system boot up without any problem,I hope that this message will help you

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back