Contribute
Register

iMac Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your vram is on your video card.posting.php?mode=reply&f=138&t=60226#
It is inadequate for what you want to do.

You have a 7 year old imac.
In people years it is about 100 years old.

Old iMacs make nice picture frames; you just add some neon case lights posting.php?mode=reply&f=138&t=60226#
I saw that on HGTV.

You would get the same advice at Apple at User Forums.
That machine is too old for what you want to do.
It is still good for doing anything it did back in 2006.
You might get some bucks for it on ebay.

I would buy a good Mac mini and hook it up to HDTV.
A 27 inch IMAC is smaller than what I have.
My hack is hooked up to a 32 inch.
I also can upgrade the vram.
It cost less than $200. CPU was $50. Nova Bench score approx 6000.
With a better processor for about $135 to$200 it will smoke a new IMAC.posting.php?mode=reply&f=138&t=60226#

Curses the smilies are not working

Again I'll mention the fact that you are posting a hackintosh community forum about Mac problems and not wanting a hackintosh. While we're happy to help you there are other sites and forums that might be more appropriate. To name one the apple support community.

I wish you luck with your new iMac, but I can tell you everyone on this site will recommend the fact that you can get more out of hack and personalize to what you want. Further the 2006 iMac is ancient, and like suggested above would make a nice picture frame. Perhaps even a digital picture frame. I occasionally run civ 5 on my late 2008 macbook with 8GB of memory and 512 VRAM and I have to run it at it's lowest graphics settings.

ok thanks guys you have been a big help i might consider making a hackintosh if my civ 5 wont run o my new i mac if i need to i will contact you guys thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back