Contribute
Register

Imac G4 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to everyone i am new, i recently bought an imac g4 with broken lcd and i want to do an hackintosh, the only bad thing is that i am total new to this thing and i need some information of what can i put into the dome

My purpose is to use an apple cinema display 20" plus the front panel of a 20 screen and put a psu into the base

regards

Attachments

• $_57.jpeg
    $_57.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 475
Last edited:
Check out dremel junkie, he's got quite the collection of iMac mods.

Be advised, putting a 20" LCD on the 15" model probably won't work super well due to the weight difference.

Thanks for the reply, i saw probabily everything possible but i don't know for example what kind of mobo use or psu and more :(

The necks are different with different springs for the different screens sizes. If not on a level surface the screen will rise or fall, they are that closely balanced. Even with the 15" screens if you got a service LCD that is a different brand it has different corner weights to install in the screen housing. They are a truly well engineered model. So if a new 15" panel fits in that housing and is lighter (and it probably will be) you can add weight until it doesn't rise. A larger screen won't work unless you open the neck and mess with the springs and such. Possibly starting with a 20" iMac G4 would be a lot less work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back