Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, it's me again. Three years ago, I did a little mod work on my first iMac G4, and post it here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-reproduced-screen-and-android-system.181972/

After the first one, I did another two iMac G4 Mod:

zMac G4: iMac G4 MOD with 27' curved screen, upgrade from my first one.

iMac G4 Skull: iMac G4 MOD with Skull Canyon, a new one.

I’ll share some pic about zMac G4 in this post. I’ll keep this post simple. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

00-Intro_zMac_zip.jpg

01-general_ZIP.jpg

02-genera02_ZIP.jpg

03-Front_ZIP.jpg

04-Back_ZIP.jpg

05-SideBack_ZIP.jpg
06-Side_ZIP.jpg
07-UpDown_ZIP.jpg

08-BackIO_ZIP.jpg

09-iLight01_ZIP.jpg

10-iLight02_ZIP.jpg

11-TopBroad_ZIP.jpg

12-BotBroad_ZIP.jpg

13-LOGO_ZIP.jpg

14-Key_ZIP.jpg

15-SignatureLOGO_ZIP.jpg

16-Curve_ZIP.jpg

17-neck_ZIP.jpg

18-Neck2_ZIP.jpg

19-Bigandsmall01_ZIP.jpg

20-Bigandsmall02_ZIP.jpg

21-Bigandsmall03_ZIP.jpg

22-Compare01_small.jpg

22-Compare02_small.jpg

Truly impressive...

Is it really only a Full HD panel?
Yes,sadly the panel is only FHD. For further updates, I left full DP line and HDMI line inside the neck so I can use 2K or 4K panel if I want.

Wow. I literally have no words. This is amazing.

Wow! I have 2 of these iMac G4s and must confess that this is the first time I truly envy of a non-original mod. GREAT job sinoneptune; and if you get bored / upgrade any of those, I'm interested in purchasing one! :)

Last edited:
Hello, your work is amazing ... I aspire to modify a 15-inch g4 to put a higher screen. Given your experience, you would say that the arm has the same characteristics in all three screen sizes 15, 17 and 20 inches... That is, could I upgrade the 15-inch screen to a larger one without the arm suffering from the weight difference?

What would you say is the limit? Could you recommend 27" CF591 to update my g4 15? ;)

Last edited:
Unbelievable...

Hello, your work is amazing ... I aspire to modify a 15-inch g4 to put a higher screen. Given your experience, you would say that the arm has the same characteristics in all three screen sizes 15, 17 and 20 inches... That is, could I upgrade the 15-inch screen to a larger one without the arm suffering from the weight difference?

What would you say is the limit? Could you recommend 27" CF591 to update my g4 15? ;)
Hello, I'm in the same case, I will try to change my 17 inches to a 27 curved, do you find some informations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back