nVidia GTX 650
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,

before my mirror door PowerMac g4 mod, I had a iMac G3 that I did a mod on.
basically converted a iMac G3 into a TFT monitor. managed to relocate the buttons to where the USB ports should be.
IMG_1828.jpgIMG_1831.jpgIMG_1832.jpgIMG_1842.jpgIMG_1843.jpgIMG_1846.jpg

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac, Xserve
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Incredible, I had a G3 a few months ago I wanted to do a similar mod on, but I couldn't manage to remove the CRT. Was it as easy as just stripping the machine, finding a flat panel that fit, and mounting it with the motherboard hidden behind? (Do you have more pictures? I love pictures...)

Motherboard
Gigabyte H87M- H3D
CPU
3.2Ghz Core i5 Quad Haswell
Graphics
nVidia GTX 650
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Incredible, I had a G3 a few months ago I wanted to do a similar mod on, but I couldn't manage to remove the CRT. Was it as easy as just stripping the machine, finding a flat panel that fit, and mounting it with the motherboard hidden behind? (Do you have more pictures? I love pictures...)
Yes was easy removing CRT - did it as a whole and took it to the tip.
TheLCD screen is a Dell 15" with the outer bezel removed and the button panel relocated to the side of the iMac where you'd normally find the USB ports etc.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H87M- H3D
CPU
3.2Ghz Core i5 Quad Haswell
Graphics
nVidia GTX 650
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Finally converted the iMac into a standalone machine- just like it should be. Inside is. Intel Core i5 quad 3.2ghz chip, 512 SSD, 8gb ram, Nvidia 650 Ti 1gb graphics card - dedicated, full PSU and a Dell 15" TFT flat screen. It's not finished yet - got lots of tyding up to do - also it's currently running Win 10 Pro 64 - but will fully Hackintosh once it's cleaned up.

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7-7700K
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
128K, 512K, Classic, Color Classic, eMac, iMac, LC, Performa, Plus, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, SE
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I'm about to do the same thing! I'll be running a LattePanda Alpha inside the iMac, and I have the same Dell, E157FP monitor as well! Question though: Knowing I'll be using an ATX PSU for everything, how did you rig the monitor to draw power from the PSU??