Contribute
Register

IMac "Core i5 3.2 27-inch (Late 2013) Need Assistants (Nivida Mojavo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
IMac
CPU
iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB
I am Newbie So I apologies in advance. What is the highest upgrade for Graphics can I do for my IMac model 27inch Late 2013 which has current GeForce GT 755M graphics processor with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 Memory. Which I don't know how to activate my Cuda Driver. I looked for it in my library and couldnt find the files to delete first then upload a Cuda Driver.
I don't have a cuda currently installed on my Imac. I am going to use this for My After Effects Editing.
Thank you in advance. I am just starting out so I know this may seem like a very easy question so I apologize. I have been trying to install for weeks. I don't know if I have to turn my Imac into a Hackintosh or if I can download as is. I have tried to download multibeast and unibeast which i can't seem to get the unibeast to download. Or do I download Clover first? I am lost and need help I was able to download a Cuda and nvidia driver and it would then install black screen . Please someone walk me through.

I am Newbie So I apologies in advance. What is the highest upgrade for Graphics can I do for my IMac model 27inch Late 2013 which has current GeForce GT 755M graphics processor with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 Memory. Which I don't know how to activate my Cuda Driver. I looked for it in my library and couldn't find the files to delete first then upload a Cuda Driver.

I don't have a cuda currently installed on my Imac. I am going to use this for My After Effects Editing.

Thank you in advance. I am just starting out so I know this may seem like a very easy question so I apologize. I have been trying to install for weeks. I don't know if I have to turn my Imac into a Hackintosh or if I can download as is. I have tried to download multibeast and unibeast which i can't seem to get the unibeast to download. Or do I download Clover first? I am lost and need help I was able to download a Cuda and nvidia driver and it would then install black screen . Please someone walk me through.

You have a real Mac and should not consider using these utilities which are meant for hackintoshes, especially not Clover. If you install Clover onto your Mac and reboot it you may damage your Mac.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/warning-clover-will-break-your-real-mac-use-with-caution.224933/

You can't upgrade the graphics in a real iMac as it is all built in and cannot be removed and replaced.

Well thank you for the heads up I had no idea. All this is confusing and I thought these were other Real Mac user that convert there Mac to get better performance. So a Hackintosh was a Mac at one time or could be possibly they are just taking the risk to upgrade there old systems? Because I typed in my version and saw other user with the same version but never heard back from them. But thanks for sharing with me. So if clover is bad is there another program? My Imac is old and is my spare computer and if possible I could over clock it or max it out for its maximum performs before it shits the bed i'm ok.

Well thank you for the heads up I had no idea. All this is confusing and I thought these were other Real Mac user that convert there Mac to get better performance. So a Hackintosh was a Mac at one time or could be possibly they are just taking the risk to upgrade there old systems? Because I typed in my version and saw other user with the same version but never heard back from them. But thanks for sharing with me. So if clover is bad is there another program? My Imac is old and is my spare computer and if possible I could over clock it or max it out for its maximum performs before it shits the bed i'm ok.

I don’t think you’ll get Mojave working without SSE 4.2 instruction set on cpu. And graphics need to be metal class. I used clover to get my MacBook Pro 2009 core2duo to install High Sierra 13.3, when I updated to 13.4 it killed the spoofing method. I also tried Mojave and got the same kernel panic.

*******Disclaimer*****
Using clover is of course not recommended but it may work and there is a high risk that you may break your Mac. That being said I used a Legacy clover build. I removed all clover fixes in config.plist except symbios (that is what allowed it to upgrade past El Capitan). I used clover configurator app to remove and uncheck everything and set system definition or symbios to a newer model.

If you try this it is totally experimental! Please do not attempt unless you can afford the risk.

Hi Gigamaxx yeah I don't plan on using Clover. What would you say is a strong competitor you would suggest? I am running Mojavo currently. It's running great. I'm running the Beta version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back