Contribute
Register

imablackhat, Sierra - GA-Z170MX Gaming 5, i7-6700K, 980TI, 16GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you mean. Thanks though. I got it working on my own. I know what I did is probably not the right way or the clean way to do it but I can tell you it works. So get this crazy trip:

I manually moved CodecCommander.kext into /System/Library/Extensions.
I opened up a terminal.
I changed directory to /System/Library/Extensions.
I ran "sudu su" to get root.
I ran "kextload CodecCommander.kext".
It told me permission denied which didn't make any sense because I'm root.
I ran "chown -R 0:0 CodecCommander.kext" then ran the kextload command again and it seemed to take that time.
I restarted.
I tried audio after sleep...nothing.
I restarted again.
I figured at this point I'm probably going to have to format and start over anyway so I got creative not caring if it broke the whole thing.
I copied hda-verb to /System/Library/Extensions.
I opened up a terminal again.
I ran "sudo su" again.
I changed directory to /System/Library/Extensions again.
I ran "./hda-verb 0x1b SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83".
Now it works every time and survives every sleep / reboot / shutdown I've tried!

I have no idea why or how but it works. Obviously there has to be a better way to do this but for now I don't care. Unless someone can give me a personal step by step guide on how to get this going from a clean install I'm good. Just thought I'd drop this breadcrumb here for the next person who is completely lost!

I am a firm believer that if you ask anything on a forum and you figure out a solution you should always post what you did. Right, wrong or indifferent. I even post if I never figured it out and abandoned all hope just to make sure people who read it in the future don't think I figured something out and left them hanging.

I am bumping my old thread here.

Anyway I ended up installing windows on my drives about a year ago and want to go back to OS X. About to pick up a MacBook to be able to do this. Is it a safe assumption all the hardware would still be supported on the latest build? Or possibly even more supported.
Also since there is windows on the drives they will need to be formatted etc. I assume Mac OS X will dominate and override the bootloaders ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back