Contribute
Register

imablackhat, Sierra - GA-Z170MX Gaming 5, i7-6700K, 980TI, 16GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
my front USB ports work as they are plugged into the motherboard receiving power, no issues. I cannot confirm the speed however on any port as I only use them to connect my devices never transfer data at 3.0 speed.

it works perfectly.

Thanx.
Same build minus the gfx card.. machine wont shutdown all of a sudden.. What is the fix for shutdown you speak of in clover config?

thanks

brado32, Also make sure in the BIOs you have the wake on lan off, otherwise it will NEVER SHUT OFF ^_^

hey again, so i've finally finished my build (kinda) which is more or less identical to yours, but I have a lot of questions regarding installation, fan positioning etc so it would be great if I could talk to you at some point if you are up for it. I will also send you a pm. cheers

edit: Apparently I was not able to start conversations yet.. I guess you can add me on Skype if you want, or any other platform of your choosing lemme know :)

Last edited:
Audio: If you do have issues with audio after sleeping there are plenty of guides helping fix this, also there is a seperate guide to correct headphone jack in front of the case sensing after awaking from sleep as well. Which is linked here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sleep-on-alc-1150-codeccommander-kext.197498/. Remember to have the latest CodecCommander and edit the info.plist prior to installing the kext with kextbeast. This will give you audio when sleeping and waking and even the front port. Also I do use darkwake=0, and Shutdown Fix checked off in Clover Configurator.

I'm not sure what the majority of this means. I have the same motherboard as you. I'm running Sierra 10.12.5 and I have an issue where my audio no longer works after sleep. I downloaded the most recent CodecCommander 2017-0501. Where do I put it? How do I install it with kextbeast? Where is "info.plist" and in which way are you supposed to edit it exactly? Everything else in my build works perfectly except for this. Please help!

Alright, well I figured out a few things. I edited the CodecCommander kext info.plist with the exact code in the link you posted. I installed it using KextBeast. I rebooted and the Apple loading screen stopped half way and wouldn't boot. Hit the reset button. Same thing. To get it to boot I had to edit darkwake to 8 in Clover during boot. I tested audio after sleep...nothing. No change what-so-ever. I've seen three threads where people have solved this issue and none of them did it the same way. I have no idea what's going on. Any ideas? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back