I'm not the only one..i hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A GAMING M5 (MS-7977) (U3E1)
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz Skylake 14nm Technology
Graphics
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme (ZOTAC International)
Hi guys! My first time here, and i hope to have caught the right section of the forum.

I was an Apple user, for 5 years, but after all that time my iMac (27'' mid 2011) one day has decided to die, graphic card problems.

So i've built this new pc, it's a custom pc, and it's fine for my workflow, i am a graphic designer.

But i miss a lot Final Cut, often i need to delegate to my friends some works, and in terms of time and money for me any time is a problem.

The specs are :

CPU : Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz Skylake 14nm Technology

CPU COOLERS: Antec KUHLER H600 Pro, Liquid cooler

MOBO : MSI Z170A GAMING M5 (MS-7977) (U3E1)

RAM : HyperX Fury HX424C15FBK2/32 RAM DDR4 32 GB (2x16 GB), 2400 MHz, CL15 DIMM

SSD: Samsung MZ-7KE256BW SSD 850 PRO, 256 GB, 2.5", SATA III

POWER SUPPLIES : Corsair CS750M, CP-9020078-EU ATX/EPS Serie CSM da 750 Watt, 80 PLUS GOLD

GRAPHIC CARD: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Extreme Edition ZT-P10700B-10P Three DP + HDMI + DVI

HARD DRIVERS:
- *931 GB Seagate ST31000528AS (SATA) *with OSX installed
- 931 GB Seagate ST31000528AS (SATA) Database
- *238 GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB (SSD) *Win 10 Pro installed
- 931 GB TOSHIBA External USB 3.0 USB Device (USB (SATA)) Database/Emergency Backup/Bitlocker Protection

MONITOR: HP 27es Monitor, IPS with LED retroillumination, Resolution 1920x1080, Display 27"

DVD READER: LG - GH24NSD1 DVD-RW

CASE : Aerocool Aero-1000 Case Middle Tower

I think it's all i need to expose.

Now, what you guys need to know is that i've installed on this custom pc the "old" HDD from my iMac, the OSX and all the apps are still there, and my questions are just 3 :

1) All the components are right to build an hackintosh?

2) Can i use the old OSX without using the bootloader?

3) Once i've installed all, can i switch from Windows to OSX and viceversa anytime i want?

Sorry for the long post anyway, but this forum's the bible of this argument, and i hope someone of you can help me to figured out how to resolve this problem.

(P.S., sorry for my orrible english too, i'm italian and my vocabular background is very poor about :D )

Thanks to anyone'll help me.

1. yes
2. if that hdd has osx which is recent, as in it supports skylake cpus (or you find the old workarounds needed to boot skylake cpus on older osx versions, then you can boot it. but youll need the bootloader (clover) and fakesmc at a minimum.
3. yes

1. yes
2. if that hdd has osx which is recent, as in it supports skylake cpus (or you find the old workarounds needed to boot skylake cpus on older osx versions, then you can boot it. but youll need the bootloader (clover) and fakesmc at a minimum.
3. yes

Thank you samisnake! So all i've to do is to read and learn now that i know the components are good! Now all i've to do is to read the right topics, can you link me to them? Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back