Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
To Be Defined
CPU
intel i9-10900K
Graphics
To Be Defined
Hello everyone,

I've been watching videos from youtubers on their builds for music production & video editing. I've also been reading this forum for the past year, so I'm not new at all here. However, I still can't find the answer to my issue.

I'm trying to build a hackintosh for music production, video editing, animation and graphic design in general (mostly Adobe software).

For music production I'm looking for a motherboard with Thunderbolt support for my Apollo Twin MK2.

For video & graphic stuff I need at lest 8GB of VRAM.

macOS Monterrey would be perfect for this setup.

I already have these parts:

CPU Intel i9-10900K
RAM Ballistix Elite 8GBx4 DDR4
Storage Samsung EVO 980 nvme M.2 1TB (2)
Cooling MSI Coreliquid 360R
Power Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
ATX Case Coolermaster Masterbox TD500

I can't thank enough who ever can help by telling me which motherboard and GPU is good for me. I know most people on this forum can ;)

Thanks for reading my post

As you are looking to install macOS Monterey you might want to look at the availability and pricing of the AMD RX6600 XT GPU. These are probably the most reasonably priced new AMD GPUs currently, £450 or there about in the UK. These cards are supported in Monterey 12.1 and newer versions of macOS.

As for a motherboard I would recommend you have a look at the Golden Build forum, see what others have used. Then see if the same motherboard is available in your country. Most Z490 boards, which would be my preference given your list of other components, will be hard to source but should make for a less stressful build.

The Z590 boards may be easier to source, but as Apple haven’t used the 500-series chipset they are not as straightforward as the natively supported Z490 boards.

Your CPU won’t work with the Z690 boards, as the socket used is not compatible with your 10th Gen CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back