Intel Core i3-3225 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz w/ HD4000
Graphics
HD4000 Integrated Graphics on CPU
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone!

I am pretty new to this whole Hackintosh thing, but I have been doing research based on what I think I will be using my Hackintosh for and I have come up with a few ideas. I got all of these parts from the 2012 buyers guide.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 (DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA, DVI;Firewire,USB 2 and 3)

CPU: Intel Core i3-3225 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz w/ HD4000 Integrated Graphics

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

SSD: SanDisk Extreme SSD 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s2.5-Inch Solid State Drive

HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s with NCQ 32MB Cache 3.5 Inch Internal Bare Drive

PSU: Corsair Professional Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply

I plan to only be running one of the latest versions and updates of OS X (Mountain Lion), but I might want to add another HD later and dual boot with Windows 7.

Will this all work together? Is everything compatible? I found all of it on tonymac's 2012 buyers guide.

Think I will be able to play Starcraft 2 (maybe on low settings) without any problems?

I will mostly just be surfing the net and listening to music, but will also a little Photoshop stuff, and a little video editing. Also light gaming like Starcraft 2.

Will the PSU be enough for this and also leave room for an optional GPU at a later time?
Any other thoughts or comments?

Will I be able to get this to work with no GPU, but just using the HD4000 on the CPU?

Thanks so much!

Hey everyone!

I am pretty new to this whole Hackintosh thing, but I have been doing research based on what I think I will be using my Hackintosh for and I have come up with a few ideas. I got all of these parts from the 2012 buyers guide.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 (DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA, DVI;Firewire,USB 2 and 3)

CPU: Intel Core i3-3225 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz w/ HD4000 Integrated Graphics

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

SSD: SanDisk Extreme SSD 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s2.5-Inch Solid State Drive

HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s with NCQ 32MB Cache 3.5 Inch Internal Bare Drive

PSU: Corsair Professional Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply

I plan to only be running one of the latest versions and updates of OS X (Mountain Lion), but I might want to add another HD later and dual boot with Windows 7.

Will this all work together? Is everything compatible? I found all of it on tonymac's 2012 buyers guide.

Think I will be able to play Starcraft 2 (maybe on low settings) without any problems?

I will mostly just be surfing the net and listening to music, but will also a little Photoshop stuff, and a little video editing. Also light gaming like Starcraft 2.

Will the PSU be enough for this and also leave room for an optional GPU at a later time?
Any other thoughts or comments?

Will I be able to get this to work with no GPU, but just using the HD4000 on the CPU?

Thanks so much!

You are fine with that parts list, although the board is a bit of overkill for the i3 CPU. Do you plan to upgrade in the future to an i5 or i7?

Upgrading the CPU in the future is definitely a possibility. I mainly chose the i3 to keep the cost down. I am trying to get everything, including a screen, for under $1000.

Will I run into any trouble if I use the i3 with this MB?

Some have said the PSU is a bit overkill too, but I am allowing for expansion of another HD and maybe a GPU. What do you think?

Upgrading the CPU in the future is definitely a possibility. I mainly chose the i3 to keep the cost down. I am trying to get everything, including a screen, for under $1000.

Will I run into any trouble if I use the i3 with this MB?

Some have said the PSU is a bit overkill too, but I am allowing for expansion of another HD and maybe a GPU. What do you think?

You're OK on the i3 - no problems, it just seemed a weak CPU for that board, but if you plan to upgrade later, no sweat. Same for the PSU - a 400Watt would do, but if you are allowing for a discrete gfx card and a better CPU down the road, go with the 650W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back