CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I built this hack years ago now. Started with Lion, now on El Cap. I want to update now to High Sierra.

I think I messed up my Clover when I downloaded the update .pkg and just installed it without taking my time or customizing the install.

I've been searching and reading this site and others for a few days before making this thread, but I need help compiling what I've learned to get my system running correctly again and ready to update to High Sierra (or just Sierra for now)

I couldn't get system to boot. Could get to Clover and all the options, except the Shell... I hit enter on the Shell and I get black screen and nothing.

The only way I got it to boot was to add -v to boot args, and change smbios from 14,2 to 13,2. Not sure why that worked still. Also I'm running two monitors, but I can only now run one of them off the Intel 3000 Graphics and the second one off my GFX Card.

So now I'm afraid to shut down or reboot.... I could really use some help with Clover.

I'm pretty sure my config file in Clover is not right. Also, some of the files in my Clover backups are not in the new Clover install. (2.5k 5104)

If someone could please take a look at the files I've attached and help me sort this out, I would be grateful. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I've attached
- The last boot log
- The current Clover folder from the EFI partition after performing Clover update. (.zip)
- The Clover backup that was working before Clover update (.zip)
- Screen shots of Clover Config screens after Clover update (.zip)
- Library/Extensions Folder (screen shot)
- System/Library/Extensions Folder (.zip)

Here is my current hardware:

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K

GPU: GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600?C9B

HD0 (for OS and Apps): OCZ Technology 120 GB Vertex Series SATA II Solid State Drive

HD1 (file storage, Adobe scratch disk): Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA

BURNER: LG CD/DVD Burner Model GH22NS50

CPU COOLER: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 All in One High-performanc?e CPU Cooler CWCH50-1

P/S: Antec CP-850 850 Watt CPX Power Supply Unit

CASE: Antec Performance One P183 V3 Case

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    20.1 KB · Views: 99
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 166
  • CloverBackup.zip
    18.7 MB · Views: 123
  • S_L_E.zip
    782.5 KB · Views: 121
  • L_E.png
    L_E.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 129
Anyone?

Would love to have someone just look over the files I attached and see where I've got things wrong. If you only have time for that, I think I may be able to get it back together from there. Thank you to anyone willing to help!

Man, that clover folder is jacked. can you install CLOVER 5103 ? I included the folder structure I am using and it should work for you too also the clover folder, use your config.plist. let us know how it goes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 7.36.53 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 7.36.53 PM.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 125
  • CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Man, that clover folder is jacked.
I know it got jacked up when I updated Clover.

can you install CLOVER 5103 ?
I believe I currently have version r5104 installed, because the install log I got from the Clover folder showed r5104. The log is attached here.

The thing that's interesting though is that the backup it installed is in the EFI-Backups/r3423/2020-02-22-14h48 folder... I guess I'm asking if there should have been a r5104 folder created in the EFI-Backups folder?

I included the folder structure I am using and it should work for you too also the clover folder
The only other thing about your folder structure is that I'm using Legacy boot mode. My mobo has F9 BIOS currently I believe.

Is there a way you can help me modify my folder structure for Legacy?

use your config.plist
And as for my current config.plist file... is it ok the way it is? I'll attach that too.

Attachments

• Clover_Install_Log.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 79
  • config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I know it got jacked up when I updated Clover.

I believe I currently have version r5104 installed, because the install log I got from the Clover folder showed r5104. The log is attached here.

The thing that's interesting though is that the backup it installed is in the EFI-Backups/r3423/2020-02-22-14h48 folder... I guess I'm asking if there should have been a r5104 folder created in the EFI-Backups folder?

The only other thing about your folder structure is that I'm using Legacy boot mode. My mobo has F9 BIOS currently I believe.

Is there a way you can help me modify my folder structure for Legacy?

And as for my current config.plist file... is it ok the way it is? I'll attach that too.
The folder EFI-Backups is supposed to backup the previous version.

It is better to reinstall the Legacy Boot Mode version of Clover unless you update your motherboard to UEFI which is available on the official website.

The folder EFI-Backups is supposed to backup the previous version.

It is better to reinstall the Legacy Boot Mode version of Clover unless you update your motherboard to UEFI which is available on the official website.

Clover install also backs up right when you install it. I was just curious why it didn't create a r5104 folder to store the new back up in..

The version of Clover I installed has folder structure for Legacy boot. I just need to see someones Legacy boot Clover folder structure to fix my current install... donw35 uploaded his folder structure, but he uses UEFI.

I don't want to flash my mobo to UEFI just yet... Just want to get my system stable again before moving forward. The end goal is to get to Mojave. Even if I need to get a new GFX card.

I don't want to flash my mobo to UEFI just yet... Just want to get my system stable again before moving forward. The end goal is to get to Mojave. Even if I need to get a new GFX card.
Your HD 6870 does not support Mojave and only some GeForce 600 and 700 series cards support it.

To see the structure yourself, you could move your current Clover to somewhere else and install the new for comparison.

REALLY APPRECIATE the replies thus far... Thank you!

What is the proper way to install an update to Clover? Should I use Multibeast or Unibeast? Or direct install from Clover download?

To see the structure yourself, you could move your current Clover to somewhere else and install the new for comparison.

I was going to simply go through the folders of my working Clover back up and add the files to the new Clover folder. But the folder structure on the new Clover is slightly different and I don't want to make things worse....

Could really use some step by step if anyone is willing to dedicate the time.... I've read up on many topics and forums for a solution, however, I can't find anything that specifically matches my situation.

[SUCCESS] I think I now know why I didn't get many replies to this thread.... Simply because as much as I said I did research, I needed to do more and wasn't asking the right questions.

Sorry for this thread if it wasted anyone's time.
Also, thank you very much to those that did reply.

I simply reinstalled Clover and matched up what was in the back up that worked prior to the update. I still have the old Clover file structure in my EFI/Clover folder because I didn't remove the old Clover before updating... There is the new Clover/drivers folder there that has the proper drivers from my working back up. I'm still booting in Legacy because I'm just not confident enough yet to flash my mobo to UEFI. I'm comfortable with Legacy BIOS and will use it until I can't.

I also moved away from InjectIntel and went to Lilu / Whatevergreen. I still get a dark screen during post and bootloader, but my system comes up with my dGPU and it's now for the first time my card is properly identified in System Profile. All I had to change in my config was unchecking InjectIntel, install the Lilu / Whatevergreen kexts into /L/E and reboot.

I'm still using AppleHDA for Audio, but I'm going to try moving to AppleALC Lilu plug in next to get up to date on audio and video.

Once that is working I'm going to work on updating to Mojave. Which I think may require a new GFX card. But no biggie there.

Anyhow there is the update, this thread can be closed. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back