Contribute
Register

iLok (fail) with hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 > Need full model name > See Rules!
CPU
i9 > Need full CPU name > See Rules!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just bought Pro Tools 10 so that I can use it with my hackintosh. The problem is when I try to open Pro Tools 10, it does not detect my iLok.

To be clear, my hackintosh is working 100%. I can also use USB devices like external hard drives and webcams, but IT does not seem to recognize my iLok.

Does anyone have a stable fix for this problem? If so, please explain it in a way so that a noobie with no coding experience can understand it!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-26 at 5.02.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-26 at 5.02.05 PM.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 562
Please someone, if you have any information why!!!

Just a suggestion, dont know if it will work.

Try getting a PCI to USB card (that's OSX compatible) and plug the ilok in that one instead of the onboard USB of the motherboard.

Just an update, I changed the USB ports and now it DOES detect in my System Profile.

Still Pro Tools 10 cannot detect it...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-26 at 5.22.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-26 at 5.22.07 PM.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 517
I'm also very interested in this as I'm about to build a new i7 system for PT 8 HD. If ilok problems are common then I may reconsider.

Very curious about whether the addition of a PCI usb card fixes the problem.

k1ngdv said:
Just an update, I changed the USB ports and now it DOES detect in my System Profile.

Still Pro Tools 10 cannot detect it...

Hmm, I'm running pt10 no problem. Have you tried connecting the iLok into the computer without the hub?

Have you used the iLok website to verify that it sees your iLok and that the license is on it?

I am not using a hub. I have the iLok connected directly to the backpanel of the motherboard. The iLok is also detected from the iLok website but although Pro Tools 10 detects it, it does not operate correctly.

The problem is when I click Pro Tools in my dock it takes around 2-3 minutes to launch (this is before it starts loading everything). Also, although my iLok plugins are detected as well, during the session a screen will popup saying I need iLok authorization for the plugin and then it will be disabled.

All this is quite frustrating! On my Macbook Pro, the Pro Tools loading screen is launched AS SOON as I hit the Pro Tools icon and it has no problems with any of my plugins.

Hmm, I'm running pt10 no problem. Have you tried connecting the iLok into the computer without the hub?

Have you used the iLok website to verify that it sees your iLok and that the license is on it?

PACE Licesnse Support file is apparently not included in PT10 installation files

So ran PT9 installation, which has this PACE file included. Pro Tools installed and launched without any problems. Good sign...
then uninstalled PT leaving the other components untouched (except for an old AVID HD driver). Finally installed PT10 and voila - it launched wit no hassle.
make sure new ilok driver installed .....
Happy days!

FWIW, absolutely no iLok problems with my DAW build (see footer below). iLoks plugged into front panel USB ports on my CoolerMaster case (front panel USB ports connected to one of the mobo's USB headers).

First thing I did before installing ProTools or any of my iLok-enabled plugs like MachFive, Waves, etc. was going out to iLok & download latest/greatest drivers & install. Then logged into my iLok account - bingo! Success! It sees both my 2nd gen iLok (PT9/PT10) and 1st gen iLok (Waves, MachFive). Also FWIW, no issues with my auth key for Steinberg stuff, either.

Glad to hear you got it resolved, none the less! :headbang:

BoomR said:
FWIW, absolutely no iLok problems with my DAW build (see footer below). iLoks plugged into front panel USB ports on my CoolerMaster case (front panel USB ports connected to one of the mobo's USB headers).

First thing I did before installing ProTools or any of my iLok-enabled plugs like MachFive, Waves, etc. was going out to iLok & download latest/greatest drivers & install. Then logged into my iLok account - bingo! Success! It sees both my 2nd gen iLok (PT9/PT10) and 1st gen iLok (Waves, MachFive). Also FWIW, no issues with my auth key for Steinberg stuff, either.

Glad to hear you got it resolved, none the less! :headbang:

Yeah that is pretty much what I did. ProTools 10 works great on my Hackintosh.

The one thing that is rather odd though is that I also use Digital Performer 7.24, and that totally does NOT work on the Hackintosh. At all. I don't know why. Logic 9 works, ProTools works, but Digital Performer does not seem to work. And it doesn't require an iLok or anything.

Oh well. I can use ProTools instead....which is better for recording Audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back