Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Adobe Illustrator keeps crashing on AMD System (Big Sur)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus TUF Gaming X570
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5900x
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

About 4 weeks ago, Adobe Illustrator stopped working. It doesn't load, and even the diagnostic load doesn't work.
Furthermore, whenever I try to open .AI files in Photoshop, that will bomb as well (otherwise Photoshop works fine).

I've reformatted my entire drive and re-installed everything from scratch, to no effect.

I'm not running any plugins, and I have already verified all my fonts.

Is there anyone who can help me with this?
PS: I don't know what support files are needed using OC. Apologies. I'll upload as soon as I figure that out.

Any ideas guys? I need Illustrator for my business.

Maybe is something to do with Creative Cloud maybe?? I had something similar happen but after a Creative Cloud update and login it went away. But I think it can be related to your AMD processor as well.

Hey Afuera,

Thanks for the response.

I have already formatted my boot drive and did a fresh install of everything including the OSX.
Plus, It worked when I first installed it on my AMD system. Only stopped working about 5 weeks ago now.

Here are my Problem Reporting files (as far as I could figure out) - EFI folder and IOReg.

Attachments

• AI Report 0520.zip
    10 MB · Views: 62
So I fixed it! If anyone else struggles with it, turns out Afuera was right. It's an issue with the AMD Processor. I found this fix on youtube.

Attached are the two command lines that you need to enter using terminal, combined into a single file.

PS: It doesn't work with Beta apps, so I had to re-install those to remove the "fix", but Illustrator is finally working again.

Attachments

• Adobe Illustrator Fix.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back