Contribute
Register

iJanni´s Silent Build - GA Z77 DS3H - i3 2100 - NVidia GeForce 210

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I've got to dive in and try, cos' I can't find much success stories with a board with integrated VGA working, as most of the fellows here use a graphic card... (I still have a VGA only monitor which I'd like to keep... :oops: but I can start with an hdmi TV, for the trial).
I'll let you know! ;) :thumbup:

I really like this build. I'm considering getting this for my parents.

How is the performance of the NVidia GeForce 210 for things like web-browsing (flash video), iPhoto, Skype, etc? Does it feel snappy?

The performance of the Nvidia is really great for the every day usage like web, iPhoto and Skype. No bluescreen or so :) If you own a CPU with HD3000 or HD4000 you could use the internal graphic unit :thumbup:

@nodarkthings:
:D no problem. Maybe you could give it a try. if it doesn´t work with the integrated VGA port you could use a normal graphiccard. and thanks for letting me know your experience, i´m really interested if it´s gonna work or not ;)

Success!! I'm running Mountain Lion with full sound, internet and sleep and everything running fast as hell! :D:D:D Also, I am running 2 DVI's into my GPU with 2 monitors and Graphics Acceleration=Yes! Thanks Janni, I am running a fully stable Hackintosh.

Hey goldglover39 i´m happy to hear that :headbang:

Wait, Janni shouldn't I have a better GeekBench score than you? I have a faster hard drive and a better GPU. I'm confused.

As far as i know GeekBench is only for CPU and Ram testing. If you want to benchmark your GPU you have to use Cinebench :p

yeah, we should get nearly the same score :)

iJanni,

I have the same motherboard and i5 3570k cpu. I'm using the VGA for output but the graphic sucks. Should i switch to the DVI output? I read somewhere here that the HD4000 Intel graphic works natively on OSX ML. I suppose since VGA doesn't work well it would have to be DVI output, no?

I'm having problems with boot, i have to boot through Unibeast everytime i turn on the computer. Could this also be the result of using VGA as graphic output?

Maybe i should just get a GPU like most folks here on the forum.

Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Hey saganian,
sorry for the late answer ;)
The HD 4000 is working with ML, that´s right. But when using build-in graphics it often comes to glitches etc. So i recommend you to use a GPU like you mentioned in your post. But before buying you could try using your DVI port ;)
If you´re going to buy a GPU i recommend you the NVIDIA card i´ve used or a Gigabyte ATI 6870 when you need a lot of power and a lot of ports to connect your monitors to ;)
I hope i could help you out. Have a nice day.

+1 iJanni.

Dunno about your motherboard model, but I've haven't had HD3000/4000 problems since 10.7.3, and I've got dual monitor setups. So, make sure your BIOS is set correctly for your setup. I'm also using the MacMini5,1 system definition since I'm running two monitors. You might try the MacMini5,1 system definition if you're having graphics artifacts. :thumbup: If you're still having trouble, you might consider RMA the motherboard after seeing if others aren't having the same problem

Last two years, Gigabyte ATI graphics cards were part of the tonymacx86 recommend builds (and components). This year, Apple has gone over to nVidia forsaking ATI cards. So, the tonymacx86 Buyers Guide for 2012 (see sig blk for link) is recommending nVidia 600 series graphics cards. However, if you're somewhat Scottish (like me), you can get a good buy on a EVGA 570 1571-KR graphics card for $220 AR from Amazon which is now approaching a tempting price for me. (KR is the better version of the 1571 model series vs. the AR.) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L9LT24/ This card is supported in Mt. Lion with OpenCL using the appropriate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back