Contribute
Register

iJanni´s Silent Build - GA Z77 DS3H - i3 2100 - NVidia GeForce 210

Status
Not open for further replies.
iJanni is correct - 7 series motherboards and IB processors are not supported by Snow Leopard. So, you're stuck with Mountain Lion.

Note that AMD/ATI 6000 cards do have do some more configuring with Mountain Lion as Apple has now returned to nVidia (almost) natively supported in Mt Lion. The 6870 works well in Lion, but you can't buy Lion from the Mac App Store (MAS) any more. You'll have to use AtiConfig=Duckweed or AtiConfig=Lotus to install Mt. Lion with your 6870 card when using UniBeast, and eventually edit your-hard-drive/Extra/com.chameleon.Boot.plst file to include
Code:
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>duckweed</string>  <-- Duckweed or Lotus goes here
after you have installed Mt. Lion.

Most are removing their 6000 series cards to install if their motherboard and processor supports HD3000/4000. There are several threads devoted to this topic in Mountain Lion Desktop Support and/or Graphics forum sections.

See the tonymacx86 Buyers Guide for 2012 (link in my sig blk) for the recommended cards. See also the Golden Builds forum section for other solutions.

Wait so do I have to use a different graphics card to get Mountain Lion installed? Then put in the 6870 or do I just have to deal with a ****ty resolution till I get the Duckweed thing install? But first of all how do I install this Duckweed or Locus thing? Can you explain it further? Thanks for the help and thanks Janni for clearing up the Snow Leopard thing. Also I have a AMD 6770 (regonized as a 5770) can I use that? Is it supported under Mountain Lion because then I don't have to get a new graphics card at all.

You can use your ATI card, but it´s not sure if it´s supported in any future versions of OS X as Stork said.
To get your card working you have to edit your Boot.plist. You can find it when you go to your harddrive/Extra/
There you will find your com.chameleon.Boot.plist which could be opened with TextEdit and you can simply add the code that was given to you by Stork.
I hope my screenshots will help you out :)
Bildschirmfoto 2012-09-11 um 21.58.56.pngBildschirmfoto 2012-09-11 um 21.59.33.png

Sounds good mate :)
It´s possible that you get a slightly different Multibeast screen because it´s a newer version.

Hi iJanni! Hope things are ok for you! :)
I'm coming back to your build because it appears from my recent inquiries that I've got a version of ProTools running on Mountain Lion (amazingly, the most recent versions don't! :lol: ), so I'm considering again the Z77 platform (now with the i3 3225 maybe... ;) )
About the monitor: yours is DVI>DVI or is it a VGA with a DVI>VGA adapter? (have you tried connecting directly a VGA monitor to the VGA out of the card?)

Hey nodarkthings :)
i´m currently using the DVI port without any adapter, so i cannot say if the VGA port is working ´cause i can´t try it.
If you don´t need that much graphic power you could use the build in HD4000 with the HDMI, DVI or VGA port of your Z77 board.
Hope i helped you out :mrgreen:

I really like this build. I'm considering getting this for my parents.

How is the performance of the NVidia GeForce 210 for things like web-browsing (flash video), iPhoto, Skype, etc? Does it feel snappy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back