Contribute
Register

iJanni´s Silent Build - GA Z77 DS3H - i3 2100 - NVidia GeForce 210

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You, Much appreciate the super fast response! Keep up the Hard Work:thumbup:

Thanks mate. It´s not hard work it´s kinda fun for me :p

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, but as you can see I am only a Noob at this

Hi!
In http://www.tonymacx86.com/100-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-2012/comments9.html#comments thelostswede says:
10.6 is not and never was compatible with Ivy Bridge/Z77, there's no kernel support for the CPU and you wouldn't get features like power management. Even for 10.7 you'd need 10.7.4 for it to work.

As he's an admin, I think it's wiser for me to take his advice...
:rolleyes: :-o Very disappointed, but luckily I haven't bought anything yet except for the HD.
:D
I'll go back the Z68+SB route.
Thanks anyway.

The Z68 board also got the UEFI update, so i thought it would work with the Z77. My fault. I´m sorry for that.

nodarkthings,
If you decide to go the SB route, I highly recommend the GA-Z68X-UD3H which is still being sold and is as easy to adapt to a hackintosh as falling off a log. I don't use the UEFI BIOS for this mobo because it's still a Beta release. One of the mod's is more adventurous than I am, who tried it, and then went back to the F12 BIOS for stability.

Thank you Stork for this great advice that I'm preciously writiing down. :)
I was indeed hesitating between that board you mentioned and the Z68P-DS3 which is a lot cheaper (considering I'd need a graphic card anyway, the main differences are in the numerous graphic ports on the GA-Z68X-UD3H, right? Can I consider it would be as easy with both boards?

nodarkthings,
So as not to hijack iJanni's nice build description thread, please ask me questions about my configuration(s) in either one of my Zorro build description threads. :thumbup:

Hey man, I was going to to turn my PC into a Hackintosh, all I need is a compatible graphics card, I have the same motherboard as you and the same processor. My questions are will the Gigabyte AMD Radeon 6870 work with this build because I need something with a little more horsepower. Also will this build work on Snow Leopard? I hate Lion and Mountain Lion plus I need it for compatibility. I've looked around and this GPU will support multiple monitors on a Hackintosh just I need to plug in 1 DVI and 1 Mini Display. Will this still work even if I use a adapter for DVI to Mini Display? Sorry for the long ass response, just wondering and excited to see if this will work. Thanks man.

-Frank

Hey man, I was going to to turn my PC into a Hackintosh, all I need is a compatible graphics card, I have the same motherboard as you and the same processor. My questions are will the Gigabyte AMD Radeon 6870 work with this build because I need something with a little more horsepower. Also will this build work on Snow Leopard? I hate Lion and Mountain Lion plus I need it for compatibility. I've looked around and this GPU will support multiple monitors on a Hackintosh just I need to plug in 1 DVI and 1 Mini Display. Will this still work even if I use a adapter for DVI to Mini Display? Sorry for the long ass response, just wondering and excited to see if this will work. Thanks man.

-Frank

Hey,
yeah you could use a 6870. I would recommend you a Gigabyte OC 6870 ´cause it features 2 mini display ports.
The Z77 chipset will not work with SL. It´s not supported as you can read in the posts above. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back