Contribute
Register

IGPU vs PEG (Issues when using PEG) intel HD530 / geforce 980ti

Motherboard
MSI Z170A-G45 Gaming (MS-7977) (4 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 1 M.2, 4 DDR4 DIMM, Audio
CPU
QuadCore Intel Core i7-6700K, 4000 MHz (40 x 100)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (6 GB)
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,

im using my gpu geforce gtx 980 ti together with my igpu intel hd 530 for videos/processing a.s.o.. Usually in most forums it´s recommended to use the igpu as primary boot device. I like to use my geforce as primary boot device (PEG) because i get realy much better results.. (also in iStats Menus the gpu memory shows only when in bios PEG is set..)

Problem is,.. when i set bios to use PEG i can work with my geforce and the igpu very well but after a couple, when i manually restarted the computer, maybe 5 or 6 times, (or after i installed any kind of new app or cleaning the cache) suddenly the igpu crashes when i try to use it with any kind of videotools..

If it is impossible on my system to set it in bios to use PEG (geforce as primary) why does it not crash already the first time/immediately when i try to use it with video processing?? Why does it work a couple of times before it crashes ?

I already tried many different solutions in clover (patches.. injecting intel a.s.o) and also in bios (vram).. It´s always the same result. Would it be helpful to use a special configured dsdt or ssdt?

Basically my goal is to get my system work with my geforce gtx 980 ti as primary device (PEG) because i get much better results on my system with this kind of configuration..

I only have sierra on my system,.. no windows... and this issue is happening on all sierra versions i used in the past.

Big thanks for any hints or clues..

Gr.
sv

macOS Sierra 10.12.6 Beta (16G8c) Bootloader Clover

Last edited: