CPU
i7-7700T
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I have build a hack on Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master with i9-9900K. I can't get HDMI signal, only black screen. I know system is working, I can connect to it with TeamViewer. iGPU is displayed as "Intel HD Graphics CFL CRB 1536 MB" is that correct? Can you help me somehow fix this to get HDMI (and DP if possible) output signal?

Attachments

• config copy.plist
    8.5 KB · Views: 440
I'm not currently in front of my Hackintosh, but after looking at your config.plist, some possible issues are:
  • Boot argument -disablegfxfirmware should be removed.
  • In the "Devices --> Properties" section:
    • Your platform ID is currently 0x3EA50000. Try changing this to 0x3E9B0007 in Clover Configurator.
    • You have injected device ID 0x3E92, which is good. You can also use 0x3E9B.
    • You'll need to add a new entry to the same Properties section: "framebuffer-patch-enable" and set it to "0x01000000". This will activate WhateverGreen on boot.
  • Ensure you have the latest versions of WhateverGreen and Lilu installed, preferably in /Library/Extensions (/L/E). Use Kext Beast and/or Kext Utility, which will install kexts and rebuild the cache for you.
Now having said this, most of us with 9th Gen Core CPUs are finding that the UHD 630 is not outputting video through the HDMI port. If you have a DisplayPort output on this motherboard, try that one.

However, if you have a PCIe graphics card (AMD Radeon RX series), you can run your machine in "headless" mode where the internal GPU (iGPU) provides support for HEVC, H.264, Quick Look, Preview, etc. but the eGPU is used for video output.

Last edited:
Thank you for the answer. About this HDMI this is exactly the problem I have. Acceleration works with the values you provided, as with the previous ones, but there is no HDMI signal. Is there anything I could do to make it work? Maybe some ports needs to be activated/redirected somehow? Also now my video card is detected as "Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB", and not "Intel HD Graphics CFL CRB 1536 MB" - is this correct for this CPU?

“Intel UHD 630 1536 MB” is correct!

I have tried enabling various connectors (con1, con2, con3) but none of them worked. The pipe numbers may have to be changed, but I don’t think anyone has yet figured out the right numbers. There was some speculation that MacOS 10.14.2 might support the 3e98 IGPU, but I haven’t yet updated, but will likely do so in another day or so.

“Intel UHD 630 1536 MB” is correct!

I have tried enabling various connectors (con1, con2, con3) but none of them worked. The pipe numbers may have to be changed, but I don’t think anyone has yet figured out the right numbers. There was some speculation that MacOS 10.14.2 might support the 3e98 IGPU, but I haven’t yet updated, but will likely do so in another day or so.

Oh, I'll try to update then. I don't think it will help, but who knows.

Update didn't help :(

Thanks — until Apple releases a Mac with 9th Gen processors, this device ID won’t be natively supported. We’ll have to try different platform IDs (IDs of Macs that only have UHD630 - no discrete graphics) and pipes...

But eGPU works beautifully.

Please let me know in this thread if anytime you find out something new. I'll be buying external GPU anyway, but it would be nice to have this working too.

Im trying, but Im getting no acceleration :/ Please check my config from picture if I used these values correctly

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2018-12-6 o 19.00.27.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2018-12-6 o 19.00.27.png
    827.9 KB · Views: 804
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back