Contribute
Register

[IGPU] Failed to initialize graphics firmware on Skylake HD 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
uncheked graphics injector, still the same problem :O

What do I have to type for fake id and platform id? Maybe thats the problem :crazy:

You cannot expect to "uncheck graphics injector". (system uses a default ig-platform-id if none injected).
Must use an invalid ig-platform-id 0x12345678 (and still inject).

Got the same **EXACT** error as Cedric01... right down to the log detail... I was going great with the GA-Z170N-wifi i7-6700 and Sierra out of the box. As soon as I did the update.....BAM! Looks like the driver hasn't caught up yet..... Maybe in the next Multi-Beast?

Got the same **EXACT** error as Cedric01... right down to the log detail... I was going great with the GA-Z170N-wifi i7-6700 and Sierra out of the box. As soon as I did the update.....BAM! Looks like the driver hasn't caught up yet..... Maybe in the next Multi-Beast?

Perhaps you forgot to install Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext prior to the update.

FYI: You are posting in the laptop forum, yet seem to be asking a question regarding your desktop...

Rehabman .. I am having my skylake with hd520 . tried ur suggestions but it is the same firmware not loading ..

dont know if the firmware update in this website can help
https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/firmware
can u advice please ..

my system is

Dell inspiron 5000 series - 5759

Core i3 17.3 inch display

Graphics is hd 520 Skylake

Waiting a solution as others

Thanks

Rehabman .. I am having my skylake with hd520 . tried ur suggestions but it is the same firmware not loading ..

dont know if the firmware update in this website can help
https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/firmware
can u advice please ..

my system is

Dell inspiron 5000 series - 5759

Core i3 17.3 inch display

Graphics is hd 520 Skylake

Waiting a solution as others

Thanks

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, please fill out your profile as per FAQ.

Perhaps you forgot to install Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext prior to the update.

FYI: You are posting in the laptop forum, yet seem to be asking a question regarding your desktop...
Thank-you, Rehabman! I did get this in the wrong forum and I apologize. However, the symptoms are the same and I would guess your reply will be helpful to someone else, laptop or not. Thank-you for the information. I'll give it a try and make sure I post correctly next time :).

Hi,

I am having this error after i UPDATE MacOS 10.14.2 to 10.14.4 Mojave .

error mentioned in the Image.

In my laptop i was running Mac OS 10.14.2 Perfectly but when i UPDATE the OS to 10.14.4 (Update was Successfully)
then REBOOT my laptop it stuck at booting when mouse cursor is appear in screen.

The clover EFI version was old maybe for 1st version for Mojave Clover(4674)
i UPDATED 10.14.2 to 10.14.4 Mojave without UPDATING Clover.

What can i do ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190330_141153.jpg
    IMG_20190330_141153.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Hi,

I am having this error after i UPDATE MacOS 10.14.2 to 10.14.4 Mojave .

error mentioned in the Image.

In my laptop i was running Mac OS 10.14.2 Perfectly but when i UPDATE the OS to 10.14.4 (Update was Successfully)
then REBOOT my laptop it stuck at booting when mouse cursor is appear in screen.

The clover EFI version was old maybe for 1st version for Mojave Clover(4674)
i UPDATED 10.14.2 to 10.14.4 Mojave without UPDATING Clover.

What can i do ?
My problem is solved after updating clover to r4871 the 10.14.4 is working perfectly

As an FYI, this also occurs on official Apple hardware. I just got a KP on a 2017 MBP and this was the main culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back