Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
GTX1080 & AMD Radeon Pro 5100
Hello, I just want an information on an argument. Till now, I didn’t yet buy an RTX 2080 Ti.

I’m stuck with the GTX1080 and High Sierra, and I can’t upgrade cause no driver bla bla bla ..
But I really wants to upgrade my graphics card (also cause I’m used to play on windows and because I WANT TO UPGRADE )

So I read on another forum that :
”you can actually display via the iGPU, but render with the dGPU by setting the graphics performance per app . While not perfect in my experience (only works with an iGPU and a dGPU - not 2 dGPUs, etc), it is functional. With this, they could leave the monitor plugged into the motherboard - and just set their games/whatever to render via the dGPU in Windows”

and I would know :
- is possible to do the same just using a single monitor ? (My monitor has multiple HDMI/DP )
-how the setup is , I have to link both iGPU/dGPU with the cable to monitor ?

If this is a Windows question, then the answer is yes. You could run macOS from the iGPU with the HDMI or DP on your motherboard, and then run Windows from the same port but utilize the dGPU at the same time.

The only drawback is you won't be able to use more than one monitor.

If this is a Windows question, then the answer is yes. You could run macOS from the iGPU with the HDMI or DP on your motherboard, and then run Windows from the same port but utilize the dGPU at the same time.

The only drawback is you won't be able to use more than one monitor.
Hello,
thx for the answer, so how can i set on windows to use the dGPU if it's not connected directly to the monitor ?
and also, the performance will be the same ?

if i just want to test i should install a new kext video for mac to use the igpu(and remove the nvidia kext)?
i just use it with one 32' inch 2k monitor so i'm ok on use only one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back