Graphics
GTX 780 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
IGPlatformID does not work in Chimera 4.0, when used system report display "kext not loaded" for HD4600 under Yosemite

Yes i am using the one that has always worked for me under Mavericks ... i have an i5 4670K with HD4600 and i have been always using

<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0C260000</string>

the default injection makes my 1080p HD TV display distortion as the system starts and then after few minutes the picture appears but the colors are dark and image is washed out .. 0C260000 has always provided a proper picture ... i also tried few other values which i found online all with the same results

0d220003
0a160000

also GPU appears to have 3MB of vRAM in system info and a low resolution .. meaning i think that kext is not loaded .. what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

I can confirm that this is a bug ...IGPlatformID is broken in Chimera 4 when used with Yosemite and breaks IGPEnabler's functionality

I was able to inject the proper ID using Chameleon 2.2 svn r2401 as follows

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>7</string>
<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I was also able to use the following instead of IntelAzulFB

<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
<string>0000260c</string>

Both works perfectly without any problems, but using IGPlatformID in Chimera is completely broken

I suspect that it is even causing random system freezes ..

Chimera's IGPlatformID functionality is broken and needs fixing

Thanks you

PlatformIDs that worked in Mavericks may not work in Yosemite as Apple has removed the Mobile HD 4600 Device IDs.

This is not the case, the same exact ID that is not working with Chimera is working with Chameleon when using InjectIntel-ig, i have also tried all possible IDs even the ones reported to work in Yosemite by many ... you can not inject ANY IDs in Chimera using IGPlatformID it just breaks the Enabler function when used ..

This is reported in the forums by other users, something is indeed broken, please check it

Thanks

omg... and i work since days on this problem...thought my mackintosh has a hardware defect...

does the old chimera work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back