Contribute
Register

IDT Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried the following:

1. Executed patch_hda.sh from your repo. It generated a file: AppleHDA_IDT76e0_Envy.kext
  2. I applied Audio Layout 12 and IRQ fix to DSDT and restarted
  3. Installed the AppleHDA_IDT76e0_Envy.kext using iKext
  4. AppleHDA.kext is present in the /S/L/E/ (Untouched/Unpached)
  5. Added the following to my /EFI/Clover/config.plist under KernelAndKextPatches->KextsToPatch
Code:
[TABLE="class: highlight tab-size-8 js-file-line-container"]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]<dict>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<key>Name</key>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<string>AppleHDA</string>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<key>Find</key>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<data>PYQZ1BE=</data>
[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<key>Replace</key>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<data>PQAAAAA=</data>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<key>Comment</key>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<string>AppleHDA IDT 76e0 #1</string>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]			</dict>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]			<dict>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<key>Name</key>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<string>AppleHDA</string>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<key>Find</key>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<data>PYsZ1BE=</data>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<key>Replace</key>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<data>PeB2HRE=</data>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<key>Comment</key>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]				<string>AppleHDA IDT 76e0 #2</string>[/TD]
       [/TR]
       [TR]
                  [TD="class: blob-code js-file-line"]			</dict>[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

6. Restarted my device.
7. Rebuilt my cache
8. Restarted again

Still no sound! o_O

Ok, I'm Back... So, I found that yosemite wasn't working properly, so I installed mavericks instead (multiple times, until I discovered that I still had Intel Smart Update On). Anyway, I'm using clover (r3050)

Q1) Inexperienced. How should I inject the Audio Layout 12 and IRQ Fix (never patched a DSDT before)?

1. Download MaciASL
  2. Open Preferences and click on Sources tab
  3. Click on + sign and add some name and to url add: http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master
  4. Close the window
  5. Click on patch
  6. On the left pane, you'll see various patches. Search for your needed patch :)

ok, how should i clone the repo? (I Need serious help)

OK, how should I apply the patch? I don't think I have a DSDT/SSDT (I'm using clover)

OK, how should I apply the patch? I don't think I have a DSDT/SSDT (I'm using clover)
When you open MaciASL you'll see the title as "System DSDT". This is the native DSDT of your machine.

After applying patch, place the aml file to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. Name it accordingly as DSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, ...

To load SSDTs, click on new from ACPI -> Required SSDT.

You should compile files without any errors to patch the DSDT/SSDT.

To mount /EFI:
Type in Terminal:
Code:
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
Here replace the disk0s1 based on the output of Diskutil list command. (The drive with name EFI)

When you open MaciASL you'll see the title as "System DSDT". This is the native DSDT of your machine.

After applying patch, place the aml file to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. Name it accordingly as DSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, ...

To load SSDTs, click on new from ACPI -> Required SSDT.

You should compile files without any errors to patch the DSDT/SSDT.

To mount /EFI:
Type in Terminal:
Code:
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
Here replace the disk0s1 based on the output of Diskutil list command. (The drive with name EFI)

Ok, I have now got 169 Errors, 31 Remarks and 52 Optimizations. What should I do?

EDIT: I have uploaded the .dsl for someone to check and hopefully help me fix. at: iipro.xyz/dsl/hp_envy.dsl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back