Motherboard
HP Elitebook 840 G4
CPU
i5-7300U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm trying to install IDT 92HD81B1X on Sierra 10.12.4 patching the AppleHDA and it never works.

Here are some information:

Laptop HP Pavilion dv4-2160us
IDT 92HD81B1X / 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio
Vendor: 8086
Device: 3B56
Sub Vendor: 103C
Sub Device: 140A

If anyone can at least point me a way to do that i appreciate.

I downloaded an AppleHDA.kext (layout 12) for my codec, used AppleHDA Patcher 1.8 to patch my vanilla AppleHDA creating a HDAEnabler with layout 12. Extracted the Platforms.xml.zlib and layout12.xml.zlib from the downloaded and replacing these two files on my patched AppleHDA. I patched my DSDT with system IRQ and your Audio Layout 12 patch.

It worked fine (Earphone, Speaker and Built In Mic). But it is missing the Line In device on Sound Preferences.

Question: Is possible to insert the Line In 'pinconfig' on the Platfoms.xml? How i do that? What is the correct order?

The sound card is wired like this in Platforms.xml:
____
Internal Mic Wiring

PathMaps > 0 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 21
PathMaps > 0 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 23
PathMaps > 0 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 10

PathMaps > 0 > 1 > 0 > 0 > Node 22
PathMaps > 0 > 1 > 0 > 0 > Node 24
PathMaps > 0 > 1 > 0 > 0 > Node 17

Speakers

PathMaps > 1 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 13
PathMaps > 1 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 28
PathMaps > 1 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 27
PathMaps > 1 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 20

Earphone Jack

PathMaps > 1 > 1 > 0 > 0 > Node 11
PathMaps > 1 > 1 > 0 > 0 > Node 19
____

Below there is an image of the IDT 92HD81B1X wiring scheme.

codec_dump_dec_txt-2.jpg

I downloaded an AppleHDA.kext (layout 12) for my codec, used AppleHDA Patcher 1.8 to patch my vanilla AppleHDA creating a HDAEnabler with layout 12. Extracted the Platforms.xml.zlib and layout12.xml.zlib from the downloaded and replacing these two files on my patched AppleHDA. I patched my DSDT with system IRQ and your Audio Layout 12 patch.

It worked fine (Earphone, Speaker and Built In Mic). But it is missing the Line In device on Sound Preferences.

Question: Is possible to insert the Line In 'pinconfig' on the Platfoms.xml? How i do that? What is the correct order?

The sound card is wired like this in Platforms.xml:
____
Internal Mic Wiring

PathMaps > 0 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 21
PathMaps > 0 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 23
PathMaps > 0 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 10

PathMaps > 0 > 1 > 0 > 0 > Node 22
PathMaps > 0 > 1 > 0 > 0 > Node 24
PathMaps > 0 > 1 > 0 > 0 > Node 17

Speakers

PathMaps > 1 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 13
PathMaps > 1 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 28
PathMaps > 1 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 27
PathMaps > 1 > 0 > 0 > 0 > Node 20

Earphone Jack

PathMaps > 1 > 1 > 0 > 0 > Node 11
PathMaps > 1 > 1 > 0 > 0 > Node 19
____

Below there is an image of the IDT 92HD81B1X wiring scheme.

View attachment 264922

Pinconfigs are specified in patched AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext Info.plist.
Platforms.xml contains the pathmaps.

Have you tried using the aDummyHDA.kext with Clover patching?
It's easy and works very well.

Pinconfigs are specified in patched AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext Info.plist.
Platforms.xml contains the pathmaps.

Thank you so much for the precious information.

Issue
Abstract: Line Input with Built in Mic on same device. The left and right channel of the speakers is ok but the headphone is inverted.

"Thesis":

Line In
The correct pin was introduced in the mentioned file and the Line Input is working. BUT. Now i have another issue. The "Built In Mic" is on the same device as "Line In". Both working. How do i create a separated device for Line In. In another way... How do i remove Line In from Built In Mic and create a device exclusively for Line In?

Stereo:
The left and right balance control slider was inverted. I "fixed" it on the amp channel parameters inverting it. But the sounds on Itunes, Safari, Chrome... they are all inverted.

What i have to do next in order to fix these issues?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the precious information.

Issue
Abstract: Line Input with Built in Mic on same device. The left and right channel of the speakers is ok but the headphone is inverted.

"Thesis":

Line In
The correct pin was introduced in the mentioned file and the Line Input is working. BUT. Now i have another issue. The "Built In Mic" is on the same device as "Line In". Both working. How do i create a separated device for Line In. In another way... How do i remove Line In from Built In Mic and create a device exclusively for Line In?

Stereo:
The left and right balance control slider was inverted. I "fixed" it on the amp channel parameters inverting it. But the sounds on Itunes, Safari, Chrome... they are all inverted.

What i have to do next in order to fix these issues?

No idea what you mean by "sounds ... are all inverted."

No idea what you mean by "sounds ... are all inverted."

Left channel on right side and right channel on left side.
And what about the other issue which is Line in and Built in Mic on the same input device?

Left channel on right side and right channel on left side.

I thought you stated you reversed it...
Sounds like a pathmap issue though.

And what about the other issue which is Line in and Built in Mic on the same input device?

It is as expected. The input device should switch when you plug in the external (eg. it works just like internal speakers changing to headphone). This is the "combo jack" situation. Combo jacks can be tricky to get working correctly though...

I thought you stated you reversed it...
Sounds like a pathmap issue though.

The reversed stereo is a "problem" of Apple earphone :banghead:. I checked it on another computer running Windows 7. It is also reversed.

I tested another earphone brand on my hackintosh, its ok. No reversion.

Maybe i can buy an adapter to reverse the channels.

Stereo reversion solved.

It is as expected. The input device should switch when you plug in the external (eg. it works just like internal speakers changing to headphone). This is the "combo jack" situation. Combo jacks can be tricky to get working correctly though...

It's ok if i can get the combo jack swtch working. But:

I used to stream the eletric guitar (line in) while talking on skype (bult in) without mixing both. Is it possible to separate each one into a different device? Maybe it can be less tricky than get combo jacks working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back