Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z97-D3H
CPU
Intel i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB SSC
Hi all,

I recently replaced/upgraded my motherboard (formerly GA-Z87X-HD3 now GA-Z97-D3H) on my hackintosh after it no longer booted. Now the CPU (Intel 4790k) is reading 60C within the Bios which seems way too high. When I loaded up the macOS (everything loaded fine), it was reading 80-98C, in hwmonitor (turned it off pretty much immediately to prevent any damage) On the last MB it was generally around 30-40C while idle, and the only things have changed are motherboard model and added EVGA 1060 6gb-ssc video card. I have a corsair H80i cooler on the CPU.

I have checked the cooler is seated correctly once, but I will check it again next. I will also optimise the airflow of the case (though as I said, previously was idling much cooler, with this current airflow).
I will also try to install the stock heat sink to see where the readings are at and to see if it is the cooler that has stopped working. I loaded optimised defaults within the bios and changed a couple of things to make the hackintosh work within the bios, but is there anything within the bios that might be causing it to run hotter on this board?

Is there anything else I should look out for/test?

There's something weird with your CPU cooler. These are temps you get when you have no CPU cooler at all...

Agreed.

It just seems weird that it is suddenly not working when it was before the motherboard replacement. Any ideas on the best methods to test the cooler?

Do the fans turn? Does the pump work? Is there cooling liquid inside? Did it leak on your previous mobo thereby destroying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back