Contribute
Register

identifying all drives and partitions eg hd1,3 (for chameleon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Desktop iMac
CPU
i7 Intel
Graphics
GT220 Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Im trying to modify chameleon and change the default boot drive and partition
problem is I am not sure how to obtain this info especially in a way that relates to the boot propt which is english names of the drive partition names such as OSX or System or windows

currently it defaults to an osx drive but i have another drive with windows on it seems to have 2 partitions one is called system something and you have to choose this if you want windows to boot even though there is an other partition on the same drive called windows This is what pops up if I hit the enter key at boot and I can then manually choose a drive with arrows and enter. i also have 2 other osx drives.

I know string info to add/edit in chameleon plist file or boot.plist in the extra folder it is...

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(x,y)</string>

but how do i list the hd(x,y) info AND so it relates that numberto the boot prompt or drive partition names such as windows or system or osx (at the chameleon boot prompt)

thanks

ive looked at that but alls i see is a list like hd0,1 hd2,1 etc etc but how do I know which one is what drive and partition alls i have is the english partition names for my drives like system and osx and windows but how do i know which of these is hd2,1 or any of the other listings in chameleon?

terminal
diskutil list and u see all disks.
mnm3xdN.png

hd0=disk0 etc...

awesome exactly what i needed cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back