Contribute
Register

Ideas to download Mavericks, using 32-Bit Macbook (2006)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CustoMac Mini
CPU
Intel i3-4360
Graphics
no graphics card
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, the 2006 Macbook was the first Macbook, ever. Yes, I need to upgrade.
Operating System: Snow Leopard 10.6.8.
Processor: Core Duo (2.0 Ghz).
Memory: 2GB SD RAM.

I have the "Mac App Store" open, and trying to download Mavericks. I get this message: "We could not complete your purchase. OS X Mavericks requires a Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon Processor".

Any ideas?

I have considered:

1. Online download (yikes, really bad idea)
2. Using Chameleon Wizard to edit the SimBIOs.plist (I think that will be a major mistake)
3. iBoot (Building exact CustoMa mini-ITX , so no CD-Rom)

How long would a download take to get it off the physical Apple Store at the Mall? Also hunting around libraries in the area for a Mac.

Last edited:
Now I am at the university library, on the one of two Macs available, and in order to download Mavericks, I need an administrative account. So safe to say the suggestion of downloading at an Apple Store or a library is a lame suggestion.

Considering buying a DVD-Rom drive, Going the iBoot+Multibeast route and installing Snow Leopard, then downloading Mavericks to go the Unibeast route.

if recommend going with a external DVD drive and use iBoot and install Snow Leopard you can pick up a retail of Snow Leopard from the nearest apple store then install Snow Leopard and then download Mavericks from the app store and make your Unibeast pen drive :thumbup:

if recommend going with a external DVD drive and use iBoot and install Snow Leopard you can pick up a retail of Snow Leopard from the nearest apple store then install Snow Leopard and then download Mavericks from the app store and make your Unibeast pen drive :thumbup:

Actually external USB drives do not work with iBoot/Snow Leopard. Use an internal drive and connect it to the PSU and motherboard. It does not need to be installed in the case - although cable lengths may be an issue.

See if you can borrow a Sata DVD drive. You also need a blank CD (NOT A DVD) or by a cheap drive just to use for the installation.

I went ahead an purchased the Optiarc DVD Optical Drive, from the tonymacx86 buyer's guide. Will this read the iBoot CD?

And thanks Adrian and jbamford!

Last edited:
I went ahead an purchased the Optiarc DVD Optical Drive, from the tonymacx86 buyer's guide. Will this read the iBoot CD?

And thanks Adrian and jbamford!

The Sony drive will read an iBoot CD perfectly well. If using Haswell board & CPU then use iBoot Haswell from the downloads section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back