Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hiya... iv been using this installation of lion for about 2-3 weeks and it's been working perfectly (apart from a hiccough with ram).

I wanted to use Final Cut but it turns out it needs a sepperate scratch disk (HDD) to actually edit. But my IDE drives (my only spare HDD's) wont show up in lion. They showed up in SL but i haven't got those kext's anymore since i made a complet new system.

Through what iv read on the forum and insanlynac, IDE is a little hit and miss with lion. I have JMicronATA.kext installed. Any other tips?

Specs:

ASUS P5Q SE2 MoBo
GeForce 8400Gs
WD generic sorta IDE HDD
Samsung Generic sorta SATA II HDD
2.67 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
4GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

....info overload? haha

Thanks A a bunch in advance for any replies

Mighty Kind of u fine sir... when u say well worth the money... at only 8 dollars imma be a happy editor

just outta interest, how did u know that its a hardware thing? (im trying to learn more about hackintoshes)

Mighty Kind of u fine sir... when u say well worth the money... at only 8 dollars imma be a happy editor

just outta interest, how did u know that its a hardware thing? (im trying to learn more about hackintoshes)

Apple has pretty much dropped any PATA support since IDE drives are no longer made in favor of the newer (faster) SATA form. You could probably get the IDE working with the onboard port by taking apart the SL IOFamily kext and extracting the plugins, then inserting them into the IOFamily kext for Lion/ML if you wanted to go to the trouble, but then you would have to maintain that and redo it every time you update OS. Not worth it IMHO. Better to go with a hardware solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back