Graphics
radeon 5770
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have successfully updated my build to ML, and got it to work again sleep, audio, network but when I tried to sign into iCloud (I have never tried from lion) I get the error account limit reached, but I have never signed in before from any computer.

my build is:
Z68MA-D2H-B3
radeon 5770
8 gigs ram
I read about serial number issues involving lion and icloud but I have a serial number listed in about this mac.

I was wondering also if because my video card isn't recognized fully (I bought a visiontek card) if this could be causing a issue?

I have successfully updated my build to ML, and got it to work again sleep, audio, network but when I tried to sign into iCloud (I have never tried from lion) I get the error account limit reached, but I have never signed in before from any computer.

my build is:
Z68MA-D2H-B3
radeon 5770
8 gigs ram
I read about serial number issues involving lion and icloud but I have a serial number listed in about this mac.

I was wondering also if because my video card isn't recognized fully (I bought a visiontek card) if this could be causing a issue?

You need to change your serials in smbios.plist
I had the same mistake and after changing them with chameleon wizard (which has a convenient random serial generator) I could login in iCloud

I was trying this fix, the first one and when I go to save the file it won't give me a save option only a save as option and it says smBios not found. what should I save it as? and where

edit: had to log back in using admin account, now when I save the changes I get a kernel panic on reboot please HELP!!!.

I would like to try the second fix mentioned but am not sure how to add this kext or if it will work for me, I currently use the realtek gigabit ethernet driver in multibeast.

other iCloud login issues.

Hey guys, I get the following error, trying to login to iCloud, essentially telling me I cannot sign in at this time, problem connecting to iCloud servers, try again later.

Later never really comes. Network is working...... kinda. I have internet access, it recognizes my Router ID, Subnet Masks, etc, but it only does it successfully every OTHER boot. Literally, I'll boot the hack up, do nothing but open up Safari to see the internet is not working, then simply reboot. Safari is working with internet. Really annoying, got to look into that..... anyways., during the time I am connected to the internet:

I have tried both the methods above posted, changed/ monkeys around the SMBIOS method (used an iMac 11,3 definition with generated serial) using Champlist.app and chameleon Wizard. No go. Still same error.

I have deleted the network configuration.plist and deleted all network interfaced in network system settings and rebooted. No go. When I do have internet, En0 is recognized as my one and only ethernet port on the MOBO. Specs follow:

MOBO: Ga-P55-USB3 r8 v2
Ram: 8
DSDT: form Tony's Database
120GB SATA HDD.
anything missing?

on a side note: audio isn't working in ML either, just throwing that out there incase another GA-P55-USB3 user wanders over this thread and has the same issue or has fixed it. None the less, help fixing icloud login issues?

This might work. I had a different work around.

Using iCloud... Worked in Lion, but had to use different work-around for Mountain Lion. In the beginning of the tutorial on this build, you'll notice I mentioned that I installed the kext for the Marvell controlled before I used MultiBeast and the DSDT. This installed the kext, and then when EthernetBuiltIn is used in the chameleon.plist, it was set up the easiest this way.

So what had to be done was rebooting into the ML install, open System Preferences to go to Network, and delete ALL network controllers here. Apply. Next - use Finder to go to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ And then delete NetworkInterfaces.plist.

Upon reboot, you should add the Ethernet controller first, as it needs to be en0 and not en1 to be the primary controller. After I did this, I added my wi-fi, and wouldn't you know it. Full iCloud/iTunes/App Store.

This worked out a lot better for me. Thanks! All I did was add the EthernetBuiltIn key with a Yes string to the boot plist, restarted removed the existing Ethernet interface and added it back. Voila! From a vanilla install without MultiBeast.

ASRock Extreme3 Gen3, Intel Core i5 2500K, eVGA 560Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back