4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Since updating to High Sierra, I can no longer login to my iCloud account from my hackintosh. When I go to the iCloud preference panel and attempt to sign in with my Apple ID and password, it silently fails. (not really silently as there are a whole slew of messages dumped to the Console, but I don't know what any of them mean). Also, when I try to add my iCloud account on the Internet Accounts preference panel, it also silently fails. However, I am able to download apps and updates from the App Store, so I know my Apple ID still works. Any idea where to begin troubleshooting this?

UPDATE: I've done some troubleshooting, but made zero progress.

As iCloud, iMessage, and Apple ID are all related, I followed the guide here to "fix" iMessage: An iDiot's Guide to iMessage.
I followed the guide step by step, and at the end the two copies of iMessageDebug.txt were identical, so as far as I know that means I did everything correctly. But I still get the same result - when I try to login to the iCloud preference panel, there's a spinning wheel for a few seconds, and then the login fails with no error message. TONS of messages get spammed to the Console, but I don't know what any of them mean.

I googled this issue and didn't find anything helpful.

Last edited:
Since updating to High Sierra, I can no longer login to my iCloud account from my hackintosh. When I go to the iCloud preference panel and attempt to sign in with my Apple ID and password, it silently fails. (not really silently as there are a whole slew of messages dumped to the Console, but I don't know what any of them mean). Also, when I try to add my iCloud account on the Internet Accounts preference panel, it also silently fails. However, I am able to download apps and updates from the App Store, so I know my Apple ID still works. Any idea where to begin troubleshooting this?

UPDATE: I've done some troubleshooting, but made zero progress.

As iCloud, iMessage, and Apple ID are all related, I followed the guide here to "fix" iMessage: An iDiot's Guide to iMessage.
I followed the guide step by step, and at the end the two copies of iMessageDebug.txt were identical, so as far as I know that means I did everything correctly. But I still get the same result - when I try to login to the iCloud preference panel, there's a spinning wheel for a few seconds, and then the login fails with no error message. TONS of messages get spammed to the Console, but I don't know what any of them mean.

I googled this issue and didn't find anything helpful.

I am also having this exact issue, any news? It was working fine till recently for me though, possibly the 10.13.6 update. :) I have a feeling it's because the serial number I use was never valid, but it used to work...

I am also having this exact issue, any news? It was working fine till recently for me though, possibly the 10.13.6 update. :) I have a feeling it's because the serial number I use was never valid, but it used to work...

Turns out it was indeed something to do with the SMBIOS section of Clover's config.plist. It changed somewhere between 10.13.3 and 10.13.6, such that Apple shows two machines in iCloud (the one with an invalid serial actually doesn't get removed when you try).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back